L.A. MOS 2013 (sound mixer gathering)

Michael Miramontes

LAMOS2013_PosterFinal_MB2_zps3c4e880d.jp

Hello everyone, it's that time of year again for everyone to gather together and swap stories, tell jokes, and meet each other in person. Last year's turn out was such a huge success so I'm hoping we can make this an L.A. thing once a year. This is an open invite to everyone in our sound community so feel free to invite your peers.

I'll be doing an evite again this year so that I can get a head count for the restaurant.  They're requiring a certain dollar amount to be spent on food/drink so they can reserve our spot so PLEASE order some lunch and have a drink, or two, or three.  :D

If vendors want to support the event then by all means the more the merrier. I'll be printing some flyers for all the local shops to display. If you're interested in displaying one in your store then please send me a PM or email so that we can coordinate everything.

Hope to see you all there!

(I'll be updating this post with any changes/updates)

Ok, here is the evite link to RSVP. Feel free to share it. 

Edited by Michael Miramontes

" I'll be printing some flyers "

hope you will correct the date info before you print them...

" I'll be printing some flyers "

hope you will correct the date info before you print them...

That's what I love about you Mike, you always see the glass 1/2 empty. haha..

thanks for the heads up.

Ok folks. 

Well, this year around isn't going to be as big as last year's event. So, I'm in a bit of a pickle here since the venue, Gordon Biersch, wants me to reserve the patio for our event. The reservation requires that we spend a certain dollar amount in order for them to hold our spot.  Based on the RSVP's thus far, compared to last year, it seems like this time it's going to be a more casual thing. So, I don't think we would be able to come up with the dollar amount they'll require for the location. 

I guess the alternative would be to just crash the place and hang out in a spot inside the bar/restaurant or find another spot that we can just chill out at? 

Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated. 

Thanks

Hey, Michael, I just changed my reply to "yes", and I see there's 22 confirmed - from previous experience I would say there'll be around 30 people. What's the dollar amount they require? Also, why do we have to reserve the whole patio? Can't we just say "make 30 seats available, please"?

Cheers,

BK

Hey, Michael, I just changed my reply to "yes", and I see there's 22 confirmed - from previous experience I would say there'll be around 30 people. What's the dollar amount they require? Also, why do we have to reserve the whole patio? Can't we just say "make 30 seats available, please"?

Cheers,

BK

The dollar amount is $1800.

I'll check today to see if they can just reserve 30 seats. 

That's $60 a head, if we make it to 30 people. Don't know about youse, but I'm not planning on spending that much…

Better to just reserve an area, or a number of seats, or simply to find another location. Sorry, don't have any suggestions.

Thanks for putting this together,

BK