"Nurse Jackie" - Jan McLaughlin wins an Emmy!

Jeff Wexler

From Deadline Hollywood:

Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Variety Series Or Special
The 55th Annual Grammy Awards • CBS • AEG Ehrlich Ventures, LLC
Thomas Holmes, Production Mixer
Mikael Stewart, House Production Mixer
John Harris, Music Mixer
Eric Schilling, Music Mixer
Ron Reaves, House Music Mixer
Eric Johnston, Playback Mixer
Pablo Munguia, Playback Mixer
Tom Pesa, Stage Mixer
Michael Parker, Stage Mixer
Bob LaMasney, Audience Supplemental Mixer

Outstanding Sound Mixing for Nonfiction Programming
History Of The Eagles • Showtime • Showtime Presents in association with
Monhegan Films
Tom Fleischman, Re-Recording Mixer
Bret Johnson, Sound Re-Recordist
Richard Davis, Music Mixer
Elliot Scheiner, Music Mixer

Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (One Hour)
Boardwalk Empire • The Milkmaid’s Lot • HBO • Leverage, Closest to the Hole Productions, Sikelia Productions and Cold Front Productions in association with HBO Entertainment
Frank Stettner, C.A.S., Production Mixer
Tom Fleischman, C.A.S., Re-Recording Mixer
George A. Lara, Foley Mixer

Stettner made a joke that felt right in place with the predominantly below-the-line crowd. As he made his way to the mike to accept his Emmy for his work onBoardwalk Empire, Stettner almost collided with an onstage crew member. “This is the first time a Steadicam operator has gotten in the way of a sound mixer,” Stettner quipped.

Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Miniseries Or A Movie
Behind The Candelabra • HBO • Jerry Weintraub Productions in association with HBO Films
Dennis Towns, Production Mixer
Larry Blake, Re-Recording Mixer
Thomas Vicari, Scoring Mixer

Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (Half-Hour) And Animation
Nurse Jackie • Teachable Moments • Showtime • Showtime Presents, A Caryn Mandabach Production, Clyde Phillips Productions, Jackson Group Entertainment, Lionsgate Television
Jan McLaughlin, Production Sound Mixer
Peter Waggoner, Re-Recording Mixer

Having my first cuppa, wanna thank my colleagues here and especially Jeff for the unflagging love and support. Don't think this would have been possible without this world-wide community of mixers and manufacturers. Feel like I ought to email the Academy and tell 'em to send the statue to Mr. Wexler and have it engraved 'JWSoundGroup.net". The depth of knowledge shared here is beyond priceless.

That said, Boom Operator Brendan O'Brien and 2nd Boom Joe Savastano brought it all home. Really. Truly. Completely.

We have an estimable crew, among them on-set, sound-sensitive DP, AD's, wardrobe, props, locations and G&E, without whose collective cooperation no good sound is possible.

To my ears, I remain a hack. If Supervising Sound Editor Steve Borne is able to gather enough elements for Peter Waggoner to mix a credible sound track, it's a miracle.

This is one of the best, most challenging and gratifying jobs imaginable. To have peers imagine that me and my team deserve a pat on the back frankly puts me in shock, the state from which I write this morning.

Finally, thanks to all who enjoy the show and cast their votes in our favor.

We work today, day 10 of 10 on another Showtime pilot I think has legs. They will wrap party us tonight and in my mind, this will be my combo birthday/Emmy party, and wake for my mom, also named 'Emmy'. When the AUPM brought me the news I told him not to joke around (tho in a little more salty language). After he assured me he wasn't pulling my leg, I collapsed on the gravel, missing the hug I might have otherwise collected from my own Emmy. Sobbed and laughed like a madwoman. That seems to come and go yet, LOL.

Adore you all.