ARC 2 any thoughts on this for tuning a room?

jgbsound

" your results? "

this is really just a continuation of your other recent thread...

there are certainly plenty of alternatives, starting with smart phones...

what you use depends on many factors...

budget is just one of them.

and your specific situation, methodology, resources, experience, and adeptness will all affect the end results.

generally speaking, the folks at VK know what they are talking about...

but realize that this application doesn't tune your room, it manipulates the sound it sends to the amp/speakers to 'compensate' for  what it believes is the room... I suspect many successful folks would question, and not prefer this approach; as the industry typically agrees with the THX approach.... YMMV...

experienced technicians have achieved excellent results beginning with little more than pink noise, RTA, and RT-60...

why is it I think I have an expression that wants to be typed here...??

Edited by studiomprd

I asked the company who makes ARC2 and the software isnt calibrated to do 5.1 configurations.

Thanks Tom. i also read the article by Ethan winer and his suggestions are sound.

At this point, I'm thinking I am going to just treat up the room to start, then see if my results improve. Possibly do a sweep of the room and run some pink noise and do a EFT /RTA analysis to see what still needs to be addressed.

John