IOS 7. Yuck

Henchman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it,but.......,

The calendar in 6 was more useful I think with that bottom section showing scheduled appointments

Also the light coloured font is hard to read in daylight.

I think it's a bit 'fancy' the way thing move onto the screen when you first press the 'Home' button. In 6 the screen was already populated as soon as you pressed it.

And I haven't worked out how you shut apps down like in 6. You'd double press Home and the press and hold the app icon. An X would then allow you to drop the app from memory. Maybe you don't need to do that in 7 though.

The colour scheme is a bit HTCish.

I don't know, I'm having no issue getting used to the new design. It seems like they made rather logical moves with certain apps, such as Calendar, Mail, Photos/Camera, etc..

The UI doesn't get in the way of the functionality, which I think is key. Again, just my opinion. To each their own, right?

I don't have a problem with the new features.

It's the color schemes.

Seriously. The calendar looks like it was designed for 6 year old who likes Hello Kitty colors.

I wonder why people give apple a pass on this kind of stuff.

If this was a Microsoft release, all the Apple people would be ridiculing it.

And the battery seems to be draining much faster as well.

I don't have a problem with the new features.

It's the color schemes.

Seriously. The calendar looks like it was designed for 6 year old who likes Hello Kitty colors.

I wonder why people give apple a pass on this kind of stuff.

If this was a Microsoft release, all the Apple people would be ridiculing it.

And the battery seems to be draining much faster as well.

I see your point, although, I praised Microsoft for their *attempt* at re-designing Windows with Windows 8 (whether the functionality holds up to this is a conversation for another day), and think their Windows phones are not bad at all (UI wise).

Regarding battery, you are absolutely right, it is draining far much faster, but turning off certain services when not needed helps (location services, bluetooth, wi-fi, etc...). I get about 8 hours by managing such services with the new iOS. Trying to figure out how to save more battery, without having to actually carry the charger with me everywhere :/

Apologies that my first post here is significantly unrelated to sound matters, but one has to start somewhere and generally the sound conversations are well above my limited radio production experience! I'm glad, tho to have discovered this significant resource, and have been learning much, quietly in the background. Thanks all.

I certainly concur that the calendar is for me far less functional at first glance, and have significant concern about the immediate reduction in battery life! I would have thought Apple would have learned, or I not to upgrade immediately!

See it hasn't even been two full days yet, but my battery is doing fine.

Is there anything in particular you're doing? What services you have enabled (or disabled)? Any tips would be appreciated. Maybe my battery is starting to get to that point where it won't hold charge for much too long..

OCD
+1. I couldn't wait to update. Inset time aside just to do it :S I really like everything about ios7 now that I've tried it properly. Even the bright color schemes. But I'm also one of those guys who prefer color over monotony. It's interesting to think why Apple decided to have these color schemes. I'm thinking maybe so that kids will be more interested. I'm also thinking that they might have looked at windows 8... :S Or simply because colors make you happy and make you wanna use your idevice even more!!! :D "off to see the wizaaard! The wonderful wizard of iOS"

There are tons of helpful hints online regarding battery life with iOS7. There are several routines that are active by default that will suck the life out of the battery very quickly. Turning some of these things off, particularly when they may be things you do not use or do not want, seems to produce battery life that is actually better than before. It is also true that iOS7 has certainly been optimized for the iPhone5S which uses different processing routines and architecture --- iOS7 runs fine on older phones but battery life will have different results than with iPhone5S.