Cables for Sennheiser G3 Receivers

sonicparticle

Hey all

I need longer cables for my four G3 Rx units to replace the stock flimsy ones, plus it would be great if I got them to be longer in order to easily sit in the front side pouches of my petrol bag.

Here is where I need some advice:

• The stock G3 mini jack to XLR cables are wired to mic level.
  • I am using the G3s with a SD552, going to mic level and I never really had any problems.
  • I am assuming that it is the same case with the transmitter inputs and can be wired to line. Would this be correct?
  • If that would be the case, would there be any benefits it be any better if the new cables are wired to line?
  • Also, perhaps this is a daft question, but would starquad cables make any difference in this case?

as far as i am aware, the G3 body pack receivers output line level, though you may have to turn that up to +12 in the menu to get a decent level at your mixer.

the tx has mic input on the tip and line on the ring of the input connector, but still can need a lot of attenuation with some line level signals, but doesnt seem to distort though.

starquad wont make any difference in the bodypack receivers as they are an unbalanced signal.

but if you still want them making up, send me a message and ill work you out a price.