Kentli AA Lithium Rechargable Batteries?

cory

I just saw a post about these on the Facebooks. I thought that AA Lithium Rechargeable batteries at 1.5V were my white whale. Are they real?

Why can I find almost no information about them??

Probably confused with 3.6 Volt lithiums that are close to AA in size. (I've been wrong before and recently.)

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Probably confused with 3.6 Volt lithiums that are close to AA in size. (I've been wrong before and recently.)

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Web site says 1.5 Volt. Very little information. Sounds like it has an internal switching power supply to get down to 1.5 Volt. Strange. Capacity is liseted as 2800 mWh not mAh. Capacity is 2800 divided by 1.5 or 1867 mAh. Looking at a 2.5 Ah NiMh, at 1.2 Volt that is 3000 mWh. Looking at the side of the battery it lists 4.2 Volt which must be the charging voltage for an internal 3.6 Volt LiPo battery. The charge looks like it has a ring terminal that contacts the the gold ring at the top of the battery to get to the internal cell at 4.2 Volt. That ring is probably the 3.6 Volt port also. I'm not sure there is any big advantage over a regular NiMh. There chargers list 3 to 4 hours charging time which is comparable to the good NiMh chargers. Thanks Cory,  for the original info.

As I said "I've been wrong before and recently."

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Dear Larry, 

the photo on this page shows 760 mAh 3.7V - confirming your thoughts about a possible 3.6V Lipo? 

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/4Pcs-Set-AA-Rechargeable-Battery-1-5V-2800mwh-Rechargeable-Li-polymer-Battery-Free-Shipping/709169_742341900.html

Hi Vin,

That's the web site I was referring to and it's about the only information I could Google or Bing.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Does anyone here have these?? I'd be really really curious to know how they do in lectros...

I think that one of the biggest hypothetical advantages over nickel metal is that lithium AAs would be affected a lot less by cold weather.

Also, less of a "memory" so one should be able to recharge wthout waiting for full drain without risking the life of the battery.

Does anyone here have these?? I'd be really really curious to know how they do in lectros...

I think that one of the biggest hypothetical advantages over nickel metal is that lithium AAs would be affected a lot less by cold weather.

Also, less of a "memory" so one should be able to recharge wthout waiting for full drain without risking the life of the battery.

Hi Cory,

Actually, NiMh and NiCd do very well in cold weather and are one of the best battery choices for cold weather. Alkalines are, of course, miserable when they are cold.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

• 3 weeks later...

I was the one that posted about these originally on facebook and have been doing some extensive testing.  They out perform NIMH so far at 100mw and below but at 250mw they are about the same as a NIMH.   Still testing and will post some results here and on facebook later. 

• 4 months later...