LectroRM and FreqFinder iOS7

NewEndian

Hello again. I submitted updates for both LectroRM and FreqFinder and wanted to let you know what they're all about.

The majority of changes are purely cosmetic (as is iOS7). The UI for both incorporates iOS7's new stock widgets. Personally, I rather liked the old look, but the new look isn't so bad either (even though a lot needed to be updated to make the apps compatible with iOS7.)

The biggest thing to know though is that before the app updates actually hit the app store, iOS7 users will have an issue with the naming and custom frequency dialogs in FreqFinder and the info dialog in LectroRM. iOS7 has a compatibility mode for most everything else, but not those custom dialog boxes. It was a pain to get it to work also. Anyway, if you can hold out on updating to iOS7, great. Otherwise hopefully the updates will be approved sooner than later.

There are some bug fixes. I couldn't pinpoint the particular problem that lead to a few users experiencing rampant crashing, but I made some improvements to the code where it could be caused, so hopefully it helps.

The only other thing to note is that LectroRM now has a memory for Audio Level and Channel! I was a bit wary of increasing the complexity of LectroRM, but I think I found a simple and elegant way to add it to the app without decreasing usability. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy.

On the topic of making LectroRM more complex... Have you thought of making a queue system? Like, for example, being able to select an audio level, frequency, and power, or any combination, and play them all one after another. Just something I've wished for every now and then, another way to speed things up. Maybe I'm just slow at navigating all the on/off, change setting menus for multiple setting changes.

On the topic of making LectroRM more complex... Have you thought of making a queue system? Like, for example, being able to select an audio level, frequency, and power, or any combination, and play them all one after another. Just something I've wished for every now and then, another way to speed things up. Maybe I'm just slow at navigating all the on/off, change setting menus for multiple setting changes.

That's a great idea! And to expand on it, there could be a set of commands per transmitter. So, when I go to tx1 (on actor 1), it'll play all three (or however many) tones, then on to tx2, etc.

I most certainly always welcome user feedback and ideas. Respectfully, I'm afraid it is not within my vision for LectroRM. In particular, I believe in keeping LectroRM simple and focused, and I was able to find a way to add memory to LectroRM whilst minimally increasing complexity. I do not believe I could do so with a queuing system.

I noticed a while ago but forgot to email you the question, last time I used FreqFinder (under ios6 on an iPad) the TV station location/signal strength info was gone again.

I know we did talk about this a while back when it first disappeared. I remember you said it was just straight info from the FCC database but I did find it helpful to know which freqs I should probably avoid.

Thoughts?