In ear Cueing

JWL

Hi guys,

firstly, apologies if this topic already exists, i have searched with no luck.

My question is, what have members found to be the best in ear cueing system (wireless).

i am working on a show where people conduct interviews but the interviewer is being told what to say from another room.

i have heard of the comtek style in ear systems whre the person wears an earwig and has a loop around there neck connected to an ifb reciever which transmitts to the earwig.

the production had been trying a similar system with the neck loop and earwig, with the neck loop connected to an iphone but they have been finding it too quiet for the interviewer.

what have you peolple found has worked for you.

CHeers guys, Jeremy.

" Any other products you man know that are under $1500 usd. "

"yeah, what you are currently using."

Sometimes your comments are so helpful senator that i find it overwhelming. So helpful. Thanks, that comment really solved the problem.

Thanks thats all very helpful.

I have no shortage of radio mics. Im running a 552 with 4 smv's on talent and 2 srb's in the bag. Wiresless to cam on another srb.

I was just mainly wanting to know what people have found to be the clearest in ear earwig neck loop system before i purchased one.

I think ill try the in line amplifier first.

Then probably buy the raycom if that does not work. Just dont think the raycom will work with my lectro trx's.

Thanks guys, great advice.

• 5 years later...
2 hours ago, Alex Sullivan said:

I'm due to start working with an actor who I'm told uses some kind of behind-the-ear cueing system.  As in not something inserted into the ear canal but something that hangs off of and behind the ear.  Does anyone know what this system might be?  

Could be bone conductive ear pieces. I believe they have both in ear and around the ear.

On 2/7/2019 at 1:05 PM, Alex Sullivan said:

I'm due to start working with an actor who I'm told uses some kind of behind-the-ear cueing system.  As in not something inserted into the ear canal but something that hangs off of and behind the ear.  Does anyone know what this system might be?  

Maybe they got their hands on a Bone Conduction hearing aid like Adhear https://www.medel.com/hearing-solutions/bone-conduction-system

• 2 weeks later...

Still no luck on the search for whatever this system may have been.  I'll go with a Phonak.  On a separate but related issue, has anyone found a push-to-talk electret 2-wire mic that works well with a Comtek BST-75 transmitter?  I'm trying to build a streamlined portable setup for the cueing side.   Was hoping to avoid needing to power and include a separate mic pre-amp for this.