AMJ rev A foldable antenna SMA connector

LarryF

We are now out of the AMJ antennas that we were giving away. This was due the fact they weren't up to our customers' ruggedness requirements. Though a bit fragile, we still gave away (got rid of) about a thousand of the antennas. The new replacement antenna is now available for money and is the AMJ rev A. The  AMJ rev A version is much more rugged and requires at least 5 times the force to break or pull out the center pin. In addition, the connector side of the pivot section is much shorter meaning there is significantly less lever arm to put force on the connector structure. I'm hoping that these will be the antenna we were originally looking for: a compact antenna that can be used on transmitters and moved away from the body of the talent for additional range when needed or away from the body of the camera when used on a compact receiver.

Best Regards,
Larry Fisher
Lectrosonics

i love these AMJ antennas so much..just ordered 6 of them at the beginning of this month and hasn't broken one yet.... i guess they are not the rev A ?

i love these AMJ antennas so much..just ordered 6 of them at the beginning of this month and hasn't broken one yet.... i guess they are not the rev A ?

We haven't shipped any yet. See the beta test of  the AMJ rev A post I'm making today.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Hi Pascal,

post-125-0-19778400-1380729913_thumb.jpg 

Note the distance between the white insulator and the screw. This is the lever arm that puts stress on the center pin of the antenna. This is now about half the length. In addition to shorter lever arm, the center pin in the insulator is about 25% thicker. Since stiffness goes up by the cube of the diameter, this whole structure should be 4 times stronger just by the numbers and it tests about 5 times stronger on our sideways pull tests. The larger center pin also has much more bite into the insulator, resisting pullout. The AMJ rev A  will never be as simply rugged as the AMM straight steel cable antennas that we make but it is getting closer. 

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

post-125-0-19778400-1380729913_thumb.jpg