IOS7 & Movie Slate

Wandering Ear

I've installed multiple updates for Movieslate for IOS 7 on the iPad. What seems to be your issue?

Works fine, like it has from the first time Pureblend launched the app.

My issue?  Paranoia.  That, and if there are issues, I can't downgrade back to IOS 6.X.X because Apple has stopped signing that version, which makes you stuck on 7, like it or not.  I can't even restore my device to IOS 6.1.3 anymore if I wanted to, it's not allowed by Apple.

I only own 1 Apple mobile device, so I don't have one to experiment with, and I really like using movie slate.  Once I uprgade, I'm stuck, hence my question.

Then don't upgrade until an update comes out. You said it yourself, you can't downgrade if anything goes wrong.

Most apps were pretty finicky if they weren't updated to work with iOS 7 so I would treat it as that.

IMO you should treat it like any of your sound hardware.. if you know there are possible issues with a firmware version would you update your recorder to it?

Wandering,

I wasn't trying to be flippant in my reply. The guys at Pureblend, Cliff Joyce and Eric Goodwin,  are incredibly fast at fixes if you find any issues with the software. The app can generate an email "Bug report, with data" and they get updates with fixes out in minutes not days.

I've used all their IOS 7 updates while on production with no crashes or major problems. My setup has maintained it's style and templates through all their upgrades since the launch of their app.

I'd go ahead and upgrade without fear that it will not function correctly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...