Beta test of AMJ rev A antenna. Need some guinea pigs.

LarryF

We have decided to send out some beta samples of the improved AMJ (rev a) flex antenna. We need about 20 users that could test these on receivers  and on transmitters and give us some feed back. The previous antennas were fragile and the longish hinged post was a problem on transmitters when mounted close to the body. 

Anyway, we can send out 4 max antennas to 20 users for  transmitters and  SR receivers with removable SMA connected antennas. Again, we want feedback within a month.

Email me at larryf@lectrosonics.com with units, blocks and postal shipping address (we're cheap).

Best Regards,
Larry Fisher
Lectrosonics

p.s. no charge, of course

To All:

Please use larryf@lectrosonics.com for requests. It is much easier than a PM on JWSound as I can just forward the email from my account to Leftro shipping with instructions. It's easier and I'm lazy. Plus I don't get confused if I've sent it out twice or nonce.

Best,
Larry F
Lectro

Do you have a rough estimate on when they will be available to buy?

Do you have a rough estimate on when they will be available to buy?

Hi Justin,

You can order them now. Everything in stock is the new design. The reason for the 1 month beta is to determine if we want to make this the standard SRb antenna.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

Larry,

I have 3 new SMs, still in the box, block 606. Do the new antennas replace the old ones? Should I order some?

I use UM400s in 21/22, but have never had any issue because they're used on a belt with wireless boom.

I am concerned about the antenna against the body on the new SM, given that all my other SM are fixed antennas. I'm curious about the difference between the different removable antennas.

Robert

I think I got the older ones (bought my SRa like two years ago) and the points where they rotate are slowly getting lose. Didn't break like I've seen sor far though.

I really like the idea: just folding'em at the end of the day instead of screwing-unscrewing.

Hi Pierre,

You can re-tighten the joint screw to bring the friction up to the level you like. We tweak them here to a standard friction but they wear over time.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Here's some feedback on mine, Larry:

Three days of solid abuse on actors who were chased, tacked, impaled, etc.  So far, so good.  They've performed flawlessly.

Thanks, I'll be ordering 6 more when you start shipping them!

Thank you.

LEF