Low profile thigh pack

GrahamTimmer

Try using a thin self adhesive sports wrap or ace bandage. Wrap the tx tightly inside, and do clean wraps. Leggings or tights on top might help smooth it over too. Wardrobe dept. Will be your best friend here.

If the dress is too tight, the small of the back may be a good option.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Thanks guys. Using an SMV.

Wardrobe thought spanx would be a good option. They are also making up some nylon sleeves with a pocket sewn in. Just 6 to 8 inches of length. I'll post pics later of the options I come up with. The actress wants nothing to do with bandages or wraps. She wants a strap of something similar that she can do quickly herself. Wish me luck!

There is literally no room in the waist. I have a small neoprene pouch with little wings sewn to it for pinning in. She turned her nose up at that too. Tried the tx on the bra strap and that left to much of a bump. Tough nut to crack this one!

Although it sounds like this particular actor's attitude may be the prime complicating factor, I've had luck, as stated above, with the nape of the neck under hair that is at least shoulder length: a single piece of "Stick-it!" cut in half, both pieces covering the back of my SMV, and stuck either directly to the skin (from center shoulder blade height and higher depending on hair length), or to the inside of the garment (again, more hair covers the SMV silhouette). I also use my block 26 SMV rather than the block 19 due to antenna length...every little bit helps.

A Xanax (or Canadian equivalent) couldn't hurt either (you or the actor, Graham, your call...lol).

I've had a few women flat out refuse to wear one, either due to past experiences or whatever. No matter what you do doesn't the antenni poke the coochie/fupa w/e?

Hey, Tim: I mount tx upside down, with the antenna shooting downwards. You can have a few straws in different colors, or tape, to conceal it in the clothing

Sounds like a losing battle.

She might be simply refusing to wear a wire, in which case she gets boomed, and you need to work with the director and DP to ensure you can always make that work.  If she MUST be wired, and she WON'T be wired, then that's a conversation to have with the director and producer and ask if ADR will be satisfactory.

But I have found that Spanx and the old neoprene sleeve that used to come with the SM, to provide friction so they don't slip out, are as low profile as you can get.  No safety pins.  Just hand them the pack and let them tuck it up a thigh or down into the small of the back.  If you don't have those old neoprene sleeves, then one wrap of Coban will solve the slippage issue.  The older style SM with fixed antenna also helps the antenna bump issue.

Good luck.  She sounds like a pain in the ass.  But we all have to deal with that from time to time.

Robert

Thanks Robert. Yeah she is very particular about what she wants. I am going to give her about 5 options to choose from on Monday and hopefully one of them will make her happy.

The Spanx have really saved the day on many occasions, and these days the costume department usually has them on hand.

Hey Graham. This may or might not help, but I once had a similar issue with a skimpy outfit. tried everything to please the actress in question including the suggested solutions. eventually put the TX (Lectro SM)in the FRONT of her bra between the twins with the mic (her suggestion). worked out well, as extra bulk was a plus in this particular situation. On the behind the scenes doc about The Shining, there is a shot of Jack Nicholson removing the transmitter from the front of his jeans. few men would complain of extra bulk in this area.