Forest Ambiences, Upstate New York?

Korey Pereira

There is a variety of spaces I am looking to fill.  Open fields, wooded areas (light birds), streams (all locations - early morning, mid-day, night).  I have plenty of generic wind, blowing grass and water ambi to take care of those types of scenes.

It is primarily the wooded shots and night ambi that I feel are the most important to get right (anything with light birds, cicadas, crickets) as those tend to be geographically specific.

I will probably be able to use a few from FS.org and still need to reach out to Michael Raphael.  Crussell - if you have anything relatively desolate (as far as wildlife, ect), I could use a few gentle wind through trees, blowing grass, night ambi if you are willing to share!

Again, I will go generic for anything I can't find region specific as MOST casual viewers won't know the difference.

Thanks all!

...as MOST casual viewers won't know the difference.

I can't remember which director's commentary it was, in which I heard the lament that, there is NO end to how many "experts" will harangue a filmmaker about the regional inaccuracies found in the wildlife component of a sound edit. I want to say it was Mel Gibson on the Braveheart commentary?

Do they have any idea how long it took to AUDITION those dozens of files ???

sheesh...lol.

I will be getting production sound this week and it looks like production may have actually captured a decent amout while on location.  Will have to see what all is there.  Yes, if I don't have what I need, a trip up there might be the way to go (if time allows).  I also have a friend up that way that might be willing to take a drive for me.

• 1 month later...