How do you store headphones?

Tilt Down

I have yet to fing a sutiable way to store headphones in my bag. I use one of those chaulk bags for my Sony 7506, clipped with a carabiner to my Petrol bag, but it dangles below it and flops around when I walk. I thought about using two carabiners to reduce flop, but I figure that surely someone has thought of a better idea.  Attach photos if you have them!

Much appreciated.

For short-term 'storage' and walking around w/o wearing, I use the Portabrace Piggin' Strings (Velcro with a spring clip) https://www.portabrace.com/products/straps-and-accessories/cable-organizers/440-piggin-strings-velcro-cable-wraps

For ground/air travel and long term storage, HPs are disconnected, put in their pouch then into a Pelican case with other gear that shouldn't be crushed.

the portabrace cable ties work well as mentioned above. In a pinch last week I wrapped a bongo tie around one of the plastic loops on the RM multi and tied it in a knot. It seems easy enough to clasp and release with one hand and holds the headphones tightly so they don't bounce around.  

For ground/air travel and long term storage, HPs are disconnected, put in their pouch then into a Pelican case with other gear that shouldn't be crushed.

+1 on this for storage.

For daily use I've been rocking this hook clipped onto my bag - I gave up the snug fit of velcro/bongo straps for the one-handed ease of the hook. It's deep enough for my HD25s not to slip off while walking. 

e03ad410-1995-42a8-9ef0-5ba2e237c66d_300

On a velcro strap if using a bag and walking, on a hook if using a cart. When in transit I just stick them into my floor bag. Sometimes around the strap for a quick hold, or over my shoulder.

I recently found that my DT100s can fit into the front pocket of my Petrol, which otherwise only holds my battery. 

Back when I was going to the Art Institute of Seattle, all the guys at the equipment cage would do this. Made me want to murder. 

When I was at SAE they'd wrap the cord of the DT100s tightly around them and shove the end between the cups. It ruined the springiness of the headband and squashed the pads flat so they presented no cancellation at all and wouldn't stay on your head.

When I was at SAE they'd wrap the cord of the DT100s tightly around them and shove the end between the cups. It ruined the springiness of the headband and squashed the pads flat so they presented no cancellation at all and wouldn't stay on your head.

Same at Ai. Once, they got a box of new ones. They took them out and immediately wrapped them like this. Almost cried.

I really like the Husky hook thing. For the times I've mixed, the cans either go around the strap of the Petrol bag or in the front pocket. Either way, there tends to be excess cord, so that gets tucked into a pocket regardless. As a boom op, I have a pouch I picked up at a military surplus store. It has a big pocket which houses the cans when not in use, and then a smaller pocket that I put the excess cord in. This works great for me. Never lose track of my cans at meal.

http://www.galaxyarmynavy.com/prodimages/large/9002.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have really been liking this setup lately.

post-1889-14178214514862.jpgpost-1889-14178214685069.jpg

It is a Nite Ize gear tie (18") folded in half and one end wrapped around the inside frame o the Orca.

http://www.niteize.com/product/Gear-Tie-18.asp

I like it because it can be folded flat when not in use, made it the shape of a hook for quick access, or wrapped more tightly around the phones so they don't fall off in transport.

Spring clamps for $1 a piece. Use one for headphones and one for quick cable drop (velcro cable to bag when not hurried).

Can't hang upside down but for typical running around and quick on/off it works perfectly. Plus I've found the clamps useful for general purposes.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-inch-capacity-steel-spring-clamp-39569.html

post-10320-0-91679300-1418148784_thumb.p