working in dust with MBP

Hi I am looking for dust and rain cover for my Macbook Pro, I will be using it for sound recording in a dirty location with a lot of dust. I have a small setup so I would like to work on with the dust cover always on. I am looking for something like a little transparent tent that I can put my hands in it to control the laptop. Let me know if you can refer me to any product similar to my description.

Thanks

Can you tape over the seams and the unused ports, as well as tape in those connectors you are using?  Rubber cover for the keyboard? Can of Dust-off close by all the time?  Video assist people seem to get away with using laptops in terrible environments all the time.  I like the tent idea but I've never seen one.  Might be a cooling issue?  Please let us know what you find.

Philip Perkins

Don't even worry about dust, as long as its mounted in some sort of relatively enclosed sound cart.

I'm still using the same laptop that I first started using Metacorder on back on The Fog.  Over the last few years, I've spent many a week working in some incredibly dusty environments.

I recently dismantled my PB to put a larger HD in it, and was planning to use that as an opportunity to try to clean out the massive amount of dust that I expected to find in there.  Much to my surprise, it was perfectly clean inside.  Much cleaner than what I used to find with my office's desktop during its annual vacuuming out.

Cheers,

Darren

That's the thing I don't have some kind of enclosed sound cart I am starting as with my MBP interface mixer and boom pole + mics. I would like to keep evething small and simple for now. I will be looking maybe for some kind of light rack mount to fit the laptop in...