Wisycom in USA?

Derek H

I spoke to Massimo at AES. Wysicom is ready to break into market. It's FCC approved, and should be reaching the usual suspects right away.

I must say I was very impressed by their wireless products. Some neat features he mentioned were:

- 232 MHz bandwidth, making all blocks/channels available within single receiver or transmitter.

- Dual "True-diversity" receivers, with analogue and AES3 output, DSP digital audio processing, and multicompander.

- Microdot option in transmitters for DPA lav users

- Transmitter (MTP40) running on 2AA batteries will last about 10 hours at 50mW output power

- Transmitter (MTP40) is able to provide 48V phantom power, essentially being able to use is as a belt-clipped transmitter to which you can connect your boom microphone.

Their prices seem to be VERY competitive, as they are trying to break into this market. I inquired regarding their dual channel receiver, and he mentioned that it would be under $2000 (I think $1800, but can't remember for sure). The small transmitter (MTP41) I think he said a bit over $1000.

I spoke to Massimo at AES. Wysicom is ready to break into market. It's FCC approved, and should be reaching the usual suspects right away.

I must say I was very impressed by their wireless products. Some neat features he mentioned were:

- 232 MHz bandwidth, making all blocks/channels available within single receiver or transmitter.

- Dual "True-diversity" receivers, with analogue and AES3 output, DSP digital audio processing, and multicompander.

- Microdot option in transmitters for DPA lav users

- Transmitter (MTP40) running on 2AA batteries will last about 10 hours at 50mW output power

- Transmitter (MTP40) is able to provide 48V phantom power, essentially being able to use is as a belt-clipped transmitter to which you can connect your boom microphone.

Their prices seem to be VERY competitive, as they are trying to break into this market. I inquired regarding their dual channel receiver, and he mentioned that it would be under $2000 (I think $1800, but can't remember for sure). The small transmitter (MTP41) I think he said a bit over $1000.

Sorry It's difficult to believe those prices, that's seriously undercutting European prices where Wisycom are very expensive, (MTP40 more than double that) unless Wisycom have decided that the USA market is potentially large enough to seriously upset their home market. If so I'll be looking at cheap flights..... :)

Sorry It's difficult to believe those prices, that's seriously undercutting European prices where Wisycom are very expensive, (MTP40 more than double that) unless Wisycom have decided that the USA market is potentially large enough to seriously upset their home market. If so I'll be looking at cheap flights..... :)

I understand your point, and maybe I may have misunderstood. I think he mentioned these were only introductory prices. Or maybe he meant euros?

Awesome. Jose, can their transmitters do 100mW or more?

And can the receiver tune in Lectro digital hybrid mode transmitters?

Yes, I do remember him mentioning that the MTP41 could do 100mW. And I'm not sure if the receiver can tune in Lectro digital hybrid mode transmitters.

My best recommendation is to get in touch with one of the usual suspects here in the States and inquire prices directly with them. As I mentioned, I may have misunderstood Massimo in regards to prices.

Price aside, we should be seeing these bad boys available soon enough, as per Massimo's enthusiastic response.

And I'm not sure if the receiver can tune in Lectro digital hybrid mode transmitters.

I'm almost sure they can't since it's a patented system. Figured I'd ask anyway ;)

If these systems were comparable to Lectro price-wise it would be very tempting to invest in wireless with such a large tuning bandwidth.

" And can the receiver tune in Lectro digital hybrid mode transmitters? "

You can put lectro TX in Senny mode, and Wisy RX in Senny mode. So they will worked together. A friend of mine is doing it. But I do not know how to put the Lectro TX in Senny mode (maybe with a sound tone ?)

What happens?

As the front end of the receivers must be very "open" to facilitate the wide tuning area, it seems that they are quite sensitivite to out of band RF signals, like UHF walkie-talkies or in-band RF noise from LED walls etc. So you get noise burst from walkies.

Also the DSP emulation of the companders are not very accurate according to a very competent RF guy i know.