new bag for Maxx

stefanosound

As with other Kortwich bags this looks well made, but I don't understand the need for the extra space on either side of the maxx. It seems like a tighter fit would make things more snug and save space. Still room for two receivers and the battery/distro would fit in the front pouch. Also, the depth of the rx pouch seems excessive. How customizable are theses bags? Can you actually change the dimensions, or is it just adding/taking away pouches to the outside of the bag?

As with other Kortwich bags this looks well made, but I don't understand the need for the extra space on either side of the maxx. It seems like a tighter fit would make things more snug and save space. Still room for two receivers and the battery/distro would fit in the front pouch. Also, the depth of the rx pouch seems excessive. How customizable are theses bags? Can you actually change the dimensions, or is it just adding/taking away pouches to the outside of the bag?

It is 100% customizable.

For me this bag started off as a drawing on a piece of paper - Kortwich will basically do anything you want.

While the dimensions of the bag may not be for everyone I personally like the roominess of the bag - that is why I designed it that way. The space on either side was so the connectors could stay in the safety of the bag. The front pocket may be large for some - but for me it is perfect. If they make you a bag you can specify the size that fits your need.

For me it's a better fit than anything currently available plus I was able to customize the bag to fit the way I work.

I am very pleased with the process and the final product.  

It is 100% customizable.

For me this bag started off as a drawing on a piece of paper - Kortwich will basically do anything you want.

While the dimensions of the bag may not be for everyone I personally like the roominess of the bag - that is why I designed it that way. The space on either side was so the connectors could stay in the safety of the bag. The front pocket may be large for some - but for me it is perfect. If they make you a bag you can specify the size that fits your need.

For me it's a better fit than anything currently available plus I was able to customize the bag to fit the way I work.

I am very pleased with the process and the final product.  

I see. That makes a lot more sense, now that I know how customizable they are. We all have different needs depending on gear and preferred workflow. 

I use a kortwich bag and while it is possible to use without upper support, I find that the bag dips forward to much for my taste. To compensate, I took the bottom half off my versa flex harness and use just the top part to lift the bag up a bit. All the weight is still on my hips with the kort built-in belt. Feels great.

• 2 weeks later...