Laurie Webb

Hi Everyone,

I want to introduce our company MozeGear and announce our first product.  MozeGear is a new U.S. company formed to design and manufacture unique audio products specifically for the television and film industry.

We want to announce the “TIG”  (which stands for timecode generator). 

Highlights of TIG’s feature list are:

• Miniature size (similar to a dollar bill folded in half)
  • Accurate & high quality TCXO
  • Sturdy anodized aluminum case with a hinged battery door
  • Variable level output
  • NEW FEATURE, “Flow Through Audio”  combines audio and timecode by putting timecode on the tip and audio on the ring. This feature enables the user to input both audio and timecode into devices that were not meant for timecode (such as DSLR’s and some recorders).  
  • LED timecode discrepancy indicator
  • Made & serviced in U.S.

List Price  $449

Introductory price $399  (until Nov 30th 2013)

Our introductory price gives you a chance to get to know us. 

Expected Release 

Shipping should commence in one to two weeks.

Where can you see a TIG?

Pre-release versions of the TIG will be showing for the first time at AES this weekend in  New York  (Javits Center from 10/17 to 10/20).  Both Professional Sound Services and Gotham have a pre release version of the TIG. You can speak to Christina Wittich from Gotham or Rich Topham from Professional Sound.

For those located in LA, Location Sound and Trew LA also have pre-release versions.  

Feel free to call with any questions or look at our website.

Laurie Webb

480-292-9060

lauriew@mozegear.com

www.mozegear.com

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you able to keep the TC>audio crosstalk to a tolerable level?  This would be tough inside a TRS mini plug.  Otherwise, if your TC gen is as accurate as you say and will hold a jam for at least 6 hrs then I'll buy one for sure.  Cool box.

philp

Hi Philip,

The timecode output level from the Tig is adjustable down to about 60mV allowing the timecode level to be comparable to the audio level, this helps reduce crosstalk.  Most crosstalk will be generated inside the recording device which should be something like 40dB or more.  We have had this in beta test for quite a while and none of them reported problems with crosstalk. 

As far as the accuracy, it is accurate to 0.5ppm which will exceed 6 hours.

Thanks for your comments regarding the box.  We put a lot of time designing the box to make sure it was very durable.

Thanks,
Laurie Webb

Sales Manager

480-292-9060

lauriew@mozegear.com

www.mozegear.com

Welcome and congrats on your company. Love to see a demo of the TIG.

CrewC

Thanks so much for the welcome.  

We will try to get a video posted in the next couple of weeks so you can see a demo of the TIG.   You can also see a pre release version at LSC or Trew LA if you happen to be going there.

Thanks,

Laurie Webb

Sales Manager

480-292-9060

lauriew@mozegear.com

www.mozegear.com

I tested the Tig for a couple of months and it works great.

I tested on Red, C300s, and F55. Sync is solid and did not drift.

I have 2 SB3 and I definitely like the fact that Tig is

1. Small and compact

2. On off switch easy accessible without having to pull off the battery plate and hold the button to turn off the unit.

3. Solid sync

4. Pricing

5. Variable output

6. 2 AAA lasts more than a 12 hour day

How's the audio sent to the device so it outputs it to the camera ?

Postaudio: did you test these cameras with TC only or audio+TC ? If the later, was the TC set to 60mV or higher ? (I'm asking cause I think some cameras need more than that voltage to get a good, solid TC)

Very interesting unit, congrats for the newborn company ! (and eager to see the MX L42 pictures too!)

Postaudio: did you test these cameras with TC only or audio+TC ? If the later, was the TC set to 60mV or higher ? (I'm asking cause I think some cameras need more than that voltage to get a good, solid TC)

Very interesting unit ! (and eager to see the MX L42 pictures too!)

It's a pass-thru. TC jams in, audio is fed into one of the 3.5mm jacks, audio and TC come out on a single 3.5mm jack (similar to how it would on an ERX)

here is a product idea...

AES outputs are two channels, and if I'm using a digital mic (or other digital device) with AES, every one I connect uses two channels.  How about a digital splitter box that can accept two AES inputs (four channels) and allow mixing, actually matrixing them to a single AES output with, for example Ch1-input on ch1-output, and ch 3-in on ch 2-out

Very interesting unit, congrats for the newborn company ! (and eager to see the MX L42 pictures too!)

TC only. BNC to TC in. All 3 cameras did not drift at the end of the day.

AES outputs are two channels, and if I'm using a digital mic (or other digital device) with AES, every one I connect uses two channels.  How about a digital splitter box that can accept two AES inputs (four channels) and allow mixing, actually matrixing them to a single AES output with, for example Ch1-input on ch1-output, and ch 3-in on ch 2-out

i like it actually. Mike

+1.

Or the possibility to split the AES42 input, to plug independantly,  for example, 1 digital mic on channel 1 and another digital mic on the channel 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Laurie,

Another question from Australia:

1] any chance for a simple adapter cable: TC output (BNC) only or TC out plug for future development? for unstable cameras?

2] what about cameras that do mic power: is your outputs dc protected/blocked?

thanks a lot,

(ps interested in purchase..)

Peter

avsupport.com.au

Hi Peter,

1.  The TIG has a BNC TC only output.  Can you describe the cable you are looking for in more detail?  What camera(s) are you most concerned about?

2.  Regarding your second question, "What about cameras that do mic power: is your output dc protected/blocked"?  The answer is yes.

Thanks,

Laurie

• 2 weeks later...

Neat. Would love to know what beta testers think. Postaudio, I appreciate your comments but they'll hold more weight with me if you used your real name. So let me/us know if you're willing to do that.

Has anyone else here beta tested the TIG? If so, please tell us about your experiences.

Thanks!

Jim

PS- Congrats to MozeGear on shipping!