Laurie Webb

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's external power either; they provided the functions of the three different connectors and no indication of power... but with 16 hours of runtime with batts, I can live very comfortably with that... :)

Hi Pierre,

You are right, it does not have external power.   To put external power in, it needs to be isolated.  The parts to do that are generally bigger so it would be hard to keep the same size.

Jose:

The differences are:

• The Q28 is a third the size of the Tig.
  • It uses a Lemo 5 pin with 2 minis.  Some of the connectors have dual functions.
  • The variable level output is controlled in 15 adjustable steps with a screwdriver.
  • There is a new function called "show".  When the control is turned to that setting it shows the timecode in hours and minutes. 
  • The frame rate is also controlled via a screwdriver.
  • There is one LED light in comparison to two.

All spec's and functions are the same.  It still has "flow through audio" and the same accuracy of the Tig.

Thanks for this! Unit looks great.

• 3 months later...

wondering - what's the difference between the Q28 and the QL?

the only thing i can make out from the photo above and their website is that the Q28 has a 5-pin lemo extra output..

also, seems to me that the tentacle sync unit is rather similar too (a bit more compact and software based) with similar pricing. or am i missing something?

chris

wondering - what's the difference between the Q28 and the QL?

the only thing i can make out from the photo above and their website is that the Q28 has a 5-pin lemo extra output..

also, seems to me that the tentacle sync unit is rather similar too (a bit more compact and software based) with similar pricing. or am i missing something?

chris

There are some similarities between Mozegear unit and Tentacle Sync but the big difference is that Tentacle is a crowdfunding project and is no where near a shipping product. We have no idea what the actual retail price will be. At this time if you need a very small totally functional and dead accurate TC sync box at a terrific price, the Mozegear units are you're best bet.

There are some similarities between Mozegear unit and Tentacle Sync but the big difference is that Tentacle is a crowdfunding project and is no where near a shipping product. We have no idea what the actual retail price will be. At this time if you need a very small totally functional and dead accurate TC sync box at a terrific price, the Mozegear units are you're best bet.

yeah that's what i figured too. i thought that the reason developing tentacle sync was that nothing like it existed as i didn't know about the Mozegear. anyway, hope they make it to production anyway, both look like excellent units so it would be nice to have a choice.

chris

Thanks everyone for your comments and support!

We have just announced the QL in the manufacturers section.  We are also offering a promotion for those who "share" us on facebook.  We will have a drawing next week and give away a free QL.  This promotion is available for those in Europe so Chris we would love to have you enter.

Here is the posting I just put in the Manufacturers section:

NEW Tig QL tc gen - FREE  

We would like to announce the newest member of our Tig Q family which is the QL.  It offers all of the accuracy, features, and size of the Q28 but without the Lemo.   We know that some users just want a locking connector but don’t necessarily need the Lemo. Now the QL fits those users at the lower price.

Intro Price - $399

Top Feature Highlights

• Proven Tig software design that works well with  all types of cameras, recorders, and even “i devices”
  • Quick and simple set up for easy use
  • Locking 3.5 connector
  • Durable design with center beam - We have run over it repeatedly with a truck and it still works fine.
  • “Flow through Audio” to work well with devices not intended for timecode (i.e. any recorder, DSLR’s...)
  • 2 year limited warranty

Now for a FREE QL

To introduce the QL we are offering a free QL “give away” (drawing) for those who “share”  the QL on facebook. The drawing will be next Tuesday at 5pm EST.  (This “give away” is also available to those in Europe.)  So share away...

Check out more about the QL at:

http://www.mozegear.com/#!tig-ql/cn3s

We have just announced the QL in the manufacturers section.  We are also offering a promotion for those who "share" us on facebook.  We will have a drawing next week and give away a free QL.  This promotion is available for those in Europe so Chris we would love to have you enter.

thanks for all the infos laurie.

i'm not on facebook, but that nearly tempts me to join ;)

i was about to ask where i could get your gear in europe, but then found the dealers section on your website:

http://www.mozegear.com/#!dealers/c19j7

i assume this list is still current or is there somebody in germany too?

chris