New Run Bag Suggestions

ProSound

I am looking for a new run bag to hold all my junk.  Any suggestions would be helpful I am looking to carry the standard stuff. Extra TX Snake, 25ft XLR neopak and batteries. 

I've been looking at the Home Depot Husky brand fabric rolling tool boxes.  They come in 24 inch, 18 inch, and 14 inch sizes.  Prices are $120, $70, and $50 respectively.  Here's a link but they're not showing the 18 inch which might be the best size:

http://www.homedepot.com/s/husky+tool+bag?NCNI-5

Looking for bags is one of my guilty pleasures. I've been looking mostly at rolling type bags like Züca, lowepro and 5.11 Tactical bags. The latter have a real big one that would probably fit an entire arsenal of sound gear. I have one of their little tool bags and it's great for small kits and bits and bobs. Super quality. The lowepro look and feel great. They have a version called magnum 6500AW that looks like it could be really solid for holding an entire bag plus extras.

The Züca is the one I'm hoping for mostly because of the rolling function and its frame, it looks really solid and it could probably work great for boom op jobs or as a boom caddy/bits mini cart. Or even a reality type cart. I would have to see one first though... Dunno if it would fit a small sound bag and bits... Look a tad too small for that.

...I use the port brace run bags...built like the brick sh*thouse and reasonably priced...have 2 small and large..small for eng work with SD 302 and large for efp work with SD 552...the MKH 50 in factory box fits in both bags as does all the toys one would expect to use with such setups!! MHO

JHW

If you need a true "run bag" I've been very happy with this Case Logic SLR camera backpack. Plenty of doodad pockets, and a great laptop/slate compartment. The backpack straps are strong and perfect for actual running, and the rubber bottom makes it stand up when resting on the floor. I now use this and my kit bag as my two travel carry ons.

http://m.bhphotovideo.com/mobile/detail?R=693295_REG&subview=photos&title=SLRC-206%20SLR%20Camera/Laptop%20Backpack&itemcode=CASLRC206

Cheers,

Evan