Lectrosonics T1 vs T2

NCSOUND

Looking to buy an used fib. Here in spain is very hard to try them. So the question is what are the differences between lectrosonics ifb T1 and T2. I know that they have different output power, and that the t2 can work with a 9v battery. But range, and quality? Someone that had use them both, what are your preferences? Pros and cons? 

Thanks everyone

Regards from barcelona

NIco

take a look at the rather obvious differences on the Lectro website...

hint: discontinued products, IFB

you'll have to determine which configuration best suits your specific needs...

and, BTW, the T1/T2 may not be legal where you are, and you might require the T5/T6, --and R5/R5a RX's to match...

I have used a T2 in block 21 for a few years and really like it. It's small and reliable. I power is off my bag power using a Lectro ISO9VOLT.

The R1a receivers have good sound quality and reception. My only complaint is iPower 9V batteries only go for about 10 hours in them, which doesn't always get through the day.

I'd love to go with a bunch of Zaxcom ERX, but ZaxNet from my Nomad needs a 2.4GHz amp to get comparable range, plus the ERX are $500 new (you don't see a lot of used ones for sale).

Mark O.

If you plan on working out of bag then T2 is the way to go.  Its small and compact. The T1 is about the size of a Lectro 200 or 400 series receiver and you'll need more room for it in the bag.  You might get slightly better range with the T1 than the T2 but of coarse frequency selection will be the key. I've been using a T2 in my bag for years and its been working great with no complaints.

Mike

If you plan on working out of bag then T2 is the way to go.  Its small and compact. The T1 is about the size of a Lectro 200 or 400 series receiver and you'll need more room for it in the bag.  You might get slightly better range with the T1 than the T2 but of coarse frequency selection will be the key. I've been using a T2 in my bag for years and its been working great with no complaints.

Mike

Not to mention that the current draw on the T1 is hideous! I have been using a T! in my bag for some time now. When I turn it off, I find I get about 40% more run time. As soon as I can find a good deal on a used T2, I will be replacing my T1.

Tom

Not to mention that the current draw on the T1 is hideous! I have been using a T! in my bag for some time now. When I turn it off, I find I get about 40% more run time. As soon as I can find a good deal on a used T2, I will be replacing my T1.

Tom

Of course, you could also just find a used UM450/SMQ/SMQv/SMv and that will give you a tiny 250mW out of your bag.

e.