Wireless frequencies Dallas TX

DjGo

I will be working on and around Dealey Plaza in Dallas Texas. Which frequencies for wireless are my best friends? Thanks for chiming in. I checked the tv-channels that are active around that area but it's more comforting to hear from you fine membets on the board.

Thanx so much

Diego

Q: Which frequencies for wireless are my best friends?

A: The ones that don't show any activity when you scan.

(This works in other locations around Texas and other states, even in other countries)

agreed.. question was asked in a stupid way. I should clarify, I have Audio Ltd 2040. They cannot scan without using an outdated palmpilot (mine broke..). Frequency agility on this system is limited to a selection of 32 preset frequencies in 630 - 640 range. I checked the tv station lookup table and the fcc whitespace chart for the area.. just want to know if I need to rent a kit in Dallas, to be on the safe side..

how I miss my Lectros when it comes to the scanning function..

Blocks vs frequencies escapes me right now, but BL 26 is fairly clear near Dealy Plaza...used it last week for most of day with no problem.  BL 21 is very clear!  Sorry I didn't take notice of the specific frequency, but we were jamming to get our stuff shot between rainstorms.  Bl 25 is practically useless...that should cover 630-640 I think.  

If you feel better renting, there is no rental place in Dallas!!!

cleve

There are rental places in Dallas. Tyler Fasion/Jack Cline have complete audio packages and individual SMQV/SRb's for rent.  Also, dallasaudiorentals.com has complete audio package/ wireless rental inventory, and MP&E has audio gear -www.hdgear.tv . Even the dread VER has an office here, but I'd go with one of the others. 

Well, I didn't mean to sound snippy.

There is probably a good chance that you will find at least one of the 32 presets useable, but there is no guarantee of course.

Perhaps you could find an old palm pilot for cheap on ebay or similar to make scanning possible?

Thanx for the tip. I bought several palmpilots on ebay before. They're so old they almost immediately break down on me, and it's a cumbersome way to scan the airwaves..

There are rental places in Dallas. Tyler Fasion/Jack Cline have complete audio packages and individual SMQV/SRb's for rent. Also, dallasaudiorentals.com has complete audio package/ wireless rental inventory, and MP&E has audio gear -www.hdgear.tv . Even the dread VER has an office here, but I'd go with one of the others.

I will contact Tyler Fasion. Thanks so much for the tips!

" Which frequencies for wireless are my best friends? "

obviously...

but no matter, TV broadcasters are only a small part of the total interference picture, which varies from place to place (even within a city), and from time to time...

" there is no rental place in Dallas!!! "

and / or

" There are rental places in Dallas. "

:blink: