line breaks in posts

Philip Perkins

Why is it that this forum is generally very smart about making my typing into normal looking paragraphs, and others (RAMPS) will often break the lines up in odd places no matter how much I edit the post?  (Not to mention Yahoo, where you can't preview at all.)  I think you mentioned that the software you chose for this forum seemed like the best to you--it certainly seems to work better in regards to line breaks.

Philip Perkins

I am happy to hear that things are working out well with this forum software. As you are well aware, having to deal with all kinds of software, it is often quite maddening the things you CAN and CANNOT do. I have been pretty happy with this but there are some annoying things I would love to be able to change but I'm not much of a programmer. In any case, RAMPS posts will often be messed up and it will be dependent on either the capabilities or peculiarities of the newsreader software that is being used to view or post, or the "host" reader whether it be Google or Yahoo.

You may be interested that when I first had the idea to do this I investigated rather extensivley doing a Yahoo Group or Google Groups for the Discussion Group. I think it would have worked out (and each had its own good things and bad things) but I think I made the right decision going with my own software on my webhost's server (which is Lunarpages --- they are very good and really good tech support).

Thank you for your participation here (I think you may be one of the most active) and try and spread the word to others.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler