PortaBrace AR-788CLX - New Bag

VASI

Please let me introduce myself, my name is Adam. I work within the product design team for PortaBrace. I'm new to the JW forums, but plan on making many more appearances over the next few months to discuss products, answer questions and to share new information about the PortaBrace Audio line.

Its great to see the AR-788CLX up for discussion, I'm really interested to hear some feedback on this bag.

Thank you!

Hi--so how are you guys keeping the bag from sagging?  Is there a rigid frame on the whole thing?  In the pic I see that the big metal rings, for attaching a harness, seem to be mounted next to the CL8.  In the past I've found that mounting the rings that far from the mixer-side of the bag made an issue with the bag wanting to ride tilted towards the sound person's body, which made access to the record button, transport controls etc a hassle.  Perhaps you guys figure that the weight of a brace of wireless RX will balance the thing, but I kind of like to only load the number of RX I'll really need for a job, which might not be a full house in the RX pouch.  Can the rings mount down near the 788?   Will there be a version of this bag for 744/702 size recorders?  Also--is black the new PB blue?

philp

Welcome Adam - I suspect that you will be getting a lot of feedback not only for this bag but for entire audio product line.

There are a lot of opinions here.

Thank you all,

I'm sure that I'll get a huge amount of suggestions and opinions about all products. Although Its impossible to please everyone, or to find a solution to every problem regarding design. I aim to follow the conversations very closely and honestly consider all relevant discussion points and ideas. Lets see what happens.

I appreciate the warm welcome!

Hi--so how are you guys keeping the bag from sagging?  Is there a rigid frame on the whole thing?  In the pic I see that the big metal rings, for attaching a harness, seem to be mounted next to the CL8.  In the past I've found that mounting the rings that far from the mixer-side of the bag made an issue with the bag wanting to ride tilted towards the sound person's body, which made access to the record button, transport controls etc a hassle.  Perhaps you guys figure that the weight of a brace of wireless RX will balance the thing, but I kind of like to only load the number of RX I'll really need for a job, which might not be a full house in the RX pouch.  Can the rings mount down near the 788?   Will there be a version of this bag for 744/702 size recorders?  Also--is black the new PB blue?

philp

The current redesign of the AR-788 has been changed so that the 'RM-multi' pouch is now attached to the bag. This design change was made to provide a much stronger and supportive frame for the users RX. The previous RM-multi would often be clipped or zip tied to the metal rings, this is an issue that we are looking to eliminate.

The harness attachment rings on this bag are 'floating point', attatched specifically to help combat the tilting issues that often occur when using different combinations of weight.

I would say that for now, yes. Black will be the new Blue. I'll have to update you about other model releases for this AR series, so please standby on that one.

I will have some reference pictures that show the AR-788CLX bag fully loaded and in use very soon. I'll be sure to post them to this discussion.

Thanks!

A new one ? Anyway I like my AR788CL8...light and the most important :easy access to the 788 side buttons. But that's true the wirelless pouch tend to sag.

My solution : a 2cm ring that holds the two bags and in which I put the harness carabiners.

• 5 months later...

If anyone's interested, there was some changes made to this bag. Including:

1) Adding 3 harness attachment points. 

2) Adding harness D-rings to the bottom of the bag

3) Improving cable access

4) making the body pocket space big enough for 2 NP1 Batteries.

It would be great to get some feedback on this bag, or some pictures. Ive used it in the field and think its a great compact mixer bag.

But, I would say that really wouldn't I!

I recently updated the portabrace audio website. Better info on the bags.

http://www.portabrace.com/products/audio/recorders/895-audio-recorder-case-sound-devices-788?utm_source=A-788CLX&utm_campaign=AR-788CLX&utm_medium=socialshare

Thanks

Adam if ordering from a uk dealer how do i.know its the latest version of ar 788clx with new modifications and nit the orginal clx version...the original and also maxx bag i was put off as the harness point looked too far forward..is this what has changed with.new clx and if so what about the maxx..thanks..richard

• 3 weeks later...

Adam if ordering from a uk dealer how do i.know its the latest version of ar 788clx with new modifications and nit the orginal clx version...the original and also maxx bag i was put off as the harness point looked too far forward..is this what has changed with.new clx and if so what about the maxx..thanks..richard

Please check with the dealer, they will be able to answer that for you. If you have trouble, email me directly. adam@portabrace.com