New bag for Sound Devices 633 and Zaxcom MAXX from K-Tek

dfisk

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the wireless RX are sort of "suspended" in those little pouchettes as opposed to being in a larger section?  Can you add more of them?  It looks like each one is about the size needed for a regular Lectro TX (411 etc), so in order to have more than two of them in the bag would I get more pouchettes or what?  Very smart about how it will handle MAXX

Nice work.

philp

So the wireless RX are sort of "suspended" in those little pouchettes as opposed to being in a larger section?  Can you add more of them?  It looks like each one is about the size needed for a regular Lectro TX (411 etc), so in order to have more than two of them in the bag would I get more pouchettes or what?  Very smart about how it will handle MAXX

Nice work.

philp

Pouchettes are good for additionnal protection and ease/speed of use; I'd say if you get cought with one short (or want to mount things differently) I guess the inside of the bag is velcro-friendly like all the industry bags so the good old velcro-on-Rxs way might be of good use too ?

So do you buy extra pouchettes for more RX (than 2)?  How many will fit in there?

philp

Yes. It comes with two and additional pouches will be available for purchase. We were originally going to include 4 pouches, but we ended up going down to two for a few reasons: 

-It raises the overall cost of the bag

-Not everyone will need 4 pouches, so there is potential for pouches to get lost when not needed, but if all of a sudden they are needed and the pouch is lost, then new pouches need to be purchased away. 

I think we can get 4 receivers inside the bag and then another 2 on the outside. 

Here is a picture of the inside of the bag where the NP-1 battery will be secured.

post-321-0-79303700-1384989917_thumb.jpg

Hey Dave, I don't see any bottom mounted d-rings for attaching the lower waist belt strap of most harnesses. Is there one hiding there?

Also, the large flat surfaces on each side seem like great spots for extra pockets. Maybe with a zipper or Velcro flap so stuff doesn't fall if you have to open up the sides. Just a thought.

I would say the asking price would need to be in the $200-$250 range to be competitive with the other offerings. Kortwich will have their prototype 633 back up on their site in a few days. Its a good time to be looking for a new back, so many choices.

David

The bag is very rigid. Sandman sent me a MAXX a while back to test with it, and I put the MAXX in and literally threw it across my office. No problems. It's made to stand up on its own. 

The interior color is going to stay the way it is for now. If we changed the color we'd push delivery by a few months. Fabric has already been ordered for this. 

It looks like list price is going to be around $329. 

Yes, I know that's higher than similar products, but you have to keep in mind this isn't just a canvas pouch with some padded dividers. Nobody is making anything with an internal rigid frame like ours. The bottom of the bag is also rigid in order to protect it when you set it on the ground. Running cables in The Stingray is way easier than anything else I've used. The sides open up completely. We looked at feedback from end users over the years in order to see what they want in a bag, and including those things does cost money in order to do it right.