Sound Devices Introduces the 633

jon_tatooles

Question for Jon or co.  The 664 is a digitally controlled analog mixer.  Is this the case with the 633 too, or is the mix done entirely in the digital domain via DSP.  664 AES42 > DA > summing buss > analog our A/D digital output.  633 AES42 > DSP > digital output or D/A analog output?

Question for Jon or co.  The 664 is a digitally controlled analog mixer.  Is this the case with the 633 too, or is the mix done entirely in the digital domain via DSP.  664 AES42 > DA > summing buss > analog our A/D digital output.  633 AES42 > DSP > digital output or D/A analog output?

Not like 664, the mixing happens in the digital domain.

The 663 looks to be a very nice machine. I really appreciate the continued commitment to as many dedicated hardware controls as possible. Multiple powering options is a bonus. Not so sure about the joystick --- I only tried that once on a 552 and I didn't like it too much. Maybe one gets used to it.

Kudos also to Sound Devices for producing the video introduction --- well done!

I thought I wouldn't like the joystick record control deal but got used to it very quickly in my 664.

The 633 is a design that shows that SD has really been listening to video audio location soundies about how they do jobs these days, what the real, everyday problems and needs are.  Congrats to them.

philp

I thought I wouldn't like the joystick record control deal but got used to it very quickly in my 664.

The 633 is a design that shows that SD has really been listening to video audio location soundies about how they do jobs these days, what the real, everyday problems and needs are.  Congrats to them.

philp

+1.  They even heard us out about the gain pot color schemes!  (black on silver > white on silver)  Excellent product!