Video Recording Interview Via Skype on iPad or Mac - Any Tips?

Dave

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or knowledge about recording Skype or FaceTime video chats?

I have to do a long distance interview and need to capture both video & audio for subsequent editing in Final Cut.  Hoping for highest quality - clear image and reasonable audio sync.  I'll only want to show the interviewee's image on camera (and voice), but still want the interviewers audio questions.

Have you encountered any helpful apps for current iPads? 

Thanks for any tips - much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Dave

You will undoubtedly find yourself needing to drill down into audio sources to record each side of the conversation separately in the event of (inevitable) level and qualitative differences. It's been a while, but I think the free SoundFlower was what solved that granular control question for me.

I know some podcasts, at least used to, have all participants also run a recorder app on their machine. That way a fully clean version of their audio is recorded and the whole conversation is saved for syncing. Unfortunately that responsibility would be on the interviewee, that I'm guessing you are not going to be near.

• 8 months later...