Strange posting issues

Eric Toline

The quote & multiquote links do not copy the original message to the reply section. Website glitch or mine?

Eric

Could be either. I did have a problem with your last post (the one with the picture of the cap for right-angle XLRs) which is why I re-posted it. I never use Multiquote but here I am using Quote and it quoted your post just fine. Let's see how it goes from here.

The quote & multiquote links do not copy the original message to the reply section. Website glitch or mine?

Eric

Could be either. I did have a problem with your last post (the one with the picture of the cap for right-angle XLRs) which is why I re-posted it. I never use Multiquote but here I am using Quote and it quoted your post just fine. Let's see how it goes from here.

I've just tested multiQuote, which I've never used before, and it worked, hope that helps.

Seems to be my problem on this new comp. My old laptop has no issues with the quote or multiquote links. Same everything on this one as the laptop. Now where to look for the problem?

Eric

I would bet it's not really the "same everything" on the two computers. Some setting, or some version of the browser or the operating system is different. I wouldn't know where to tell you to start looking.

Someone with more Windows PC experience than me (since I have ZERO) might give Eric some suggestions for troubleshooting.

Thanks for the help all. I'll get my comp guy to take a look at it this week. BTW JW, what happened to the picture of the cap I posted earlier that you reposted?

Nothing happened to it --- I re-sized it and included it in the post I re-posted.

Sorry that I'm not having the issue with either Mozilla, or Opera, on both Windows 7 and Windows XP...

Hope you had a great Thanksgivukah, and enjoy the rest of Chanukah...

I guess we have to have a longwinded discussion of whether it is a problem with JW's site, the browser, or the OS (and along with that would be the selection of hardware...)

... and who should be responsible for fixing it...

I guess we have to have a longwinded discussion of whether it is a problem with JW's site, the browser, or the OS (and along with that would be the selection of hardware...)

... and who should be responsible for fixing it...

Of course it wouldn't be as long winded if people who had nothing constructive to add didn't keep chiming in with messages like yours, and... gulp... this one.