You thought weed eaters were a nuisance?

afewmoreyears

Awhile ago I thought of a system where you could throw a rock at anyone you wanted just by entering someone's address or GPS coordinates.  It would be powered by Google Maps.  I figured it would have made a lot of money for something like $0.50 per throw and multipliers for size of rock.  Maybe I should patent this and develop it for parcel delivery instead and sell it to Amazon.

Awhile ago I thought of a system where you could throw a rock at anyone you wanted just by entering someone's address or GPS coordinates.  It would be powered by Google Maps.  I figured it would have made a lot of money for something like $0.50 per throw and multipliers for size of rock.  Maybe I should patent this and develop it for parcel delivery instead and sell it to Amazon.

I'd totally pay for that. haha.. hilarious!

The technology is there, but this raises SO MANY CONCERNS that it seems pretty obvious Amazon's time frame is a bit "optimistic" to say the least. I can just see the headlines now:

"Amazon Delivery Drone Mutilates Child"...

"Stolen Amazon Drones Used in Terrorist Attacks"...

Letterman would have a field day putting together a Top 10 list for this one :)

Why do other countries hate us?

~tt

Now you can order replacement parts from Amazon for your Taylor Aerocar and get them delivered in just half an hour. This gives you plenty of time to get work, flying high above the traffic congestion. This should work out nicely, since there will be just as many orders for Aerocar parts as Amazon has flying drones.

Regards,

Larry F

On a serious note this is just a BS PR Campaign.  A quadcopter will have a 2lb payload with an average 10 minutes flight time on LiPo batteries. Octocopters maybe 10 lb payload with also an average 10 minute flight time. You can not fly them in the rain, windy conditions or during GPS disruptive solar storms. So at a cost of $5k to $15k a piece how is this going to work?  It's not. 

Andy

I would tend to agree with Andy.....  There is no way this would work... no way the FAA with all the helicopters and small plane traffic would allow hundreds or thousands of these things flying around.... it is I agree a huge publicity stunt meant to get the Amazon name MORE on the minds of Xmas shoppers... Not to mention the actual limitations of having such a system technically function.

Sorry guys,

I was being mildly facetious there - didn't mean to spark a socio-political debate... but yeah, flushing toilets... yay technology and infastructure... boo, fascist dictatorships.

On a serious note, I think Mr. Boisseau nailed it - most people probably don't hate us.

And on an even more serious note, I noticed I typed "Amazon" 3 times in that post... mission successful, Amazon!

~tt