I just got kicked out for using the wrong mics. What did I do wrong?

Jarred Jones

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've been doing sound mixing for two weeks and you're an apprentice at the company? And the company was hired for a job where they sent you out to handle a professional job?

It wasn't the mic that got you fired from the gig.

Production Sound Mixing for Television, Film, and Commercials.

www.matthewfreed.com

No, I wasn't recording the actual dialogue, I was basically an assistant. I gather the gear, drive around, and take care of the rest of the crew. They don't let me record actual clients yet until I'm at least 6 months in.

I've been doing mixing on my own for 3 years roughly. I've been assisting here for 2 weeks. :P

It's weird because Jarred Jones over on Reduser that had the exact same thing happen to him!

What's even weirder is that he signed up to that forum on the same date (11/23) that you signed up on this forum, Jonas- you guys should have a talk about this weird, not at all fabricated coincidence!

And so the plot thickens...

Well weirdly yet sadly it is not at all uncommon for people to lie and make up stories to get attention or approval or whatever they think they want.  i know, I used to do it when I was younger, grew out of the habit though, but still recognize it often in others, and remember certain people that it became a pathological issue for - look at some of our politicians, there's a certain chap being taken to court for it down this way at the mo'

Interesting that the DOP's on reduser ( Well the first couple of commentors anyway ) think the 416 is still 'the mic' on most films - I don't know anyone down this way that still uses one regularly - I flogged mine for a CS3e a few years back )

It's weird because Jarred Jones over on Reduser that had the exact same thing happen to him!

What's even weirder is that he signed up to that forum on the same date (11/23) that you signed up on this forum, Jonas- you guys should have a talk about this weird, not at all fabricated coincidence!

Good work Watson!

It's weird because Jarred Jones over on Reduser that had the exact same thing happen to him!

I did, I wanted to get as much input as I could from people because I'm still new to the business. There's a lot of people out there who know much more about me than this so I wanted to read as many opinions as possible.

Just another data point: he appears to have posted on two other forums under two more names, well, I guess one of the names is the same as on the Reduser forum.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?316958-I-just-got-kicked-out-for-using-the-wrong-mics-What-did-I-do-wrong

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/520457-i-just-got-kicked-out-using-wrong-mics-what-did-i-do-wrong.html

For me, the interesting part is how the posts not only start with the same exact scenario, but that he returned later in *each* forum to post: "Update. Just got off the phone with my boss and they're saying we were trying to rip them off...."

Maybe it's me but it just feels wrong. Basically the same advice came back from everyone on all the forums but the OP felt compelled to continue with the story in each forum.

I'm now solidly in the camp of "this is fishy".

This sure is a suspicious group.

Who would of believed that someone would actually belong to more than one online forum and would tell the same traumatic story? And in the same words? UNTHINKABLE! I think your real crime here is that you used a different moniker in each of those forums. How dare you treat the Internet with such disrespect! Don't you know it was created by our god, Al "the lying butthole" Gore!!

This is someone with a lot of free time on their hands. Fictional or not, the internet gives him an outlet and the pseudonyms give him or her a cover.

I changed my moniker to my real name on sites where I post regularly. I think it's a decent thing to do and keeps trolling down. Jonas may be a troll, may be legitimate and we may never find out the truth.

This sure is a suspicious group.

Who would of believed that someone would actually belong to more than one online forum and would tell the same traumatic story? And in the same words? UNTHINKABLE! I think your real crime here is that you used a different moniker in each of those forums.

I agree with this. But not so much the rest the post

"I changed my moniker to my real name on sites where I post regularly. I think it's a decent thing to do and keeps trolling down. "

I for one am glad you did Doug. I'm all for fun/ironic/crazy handles as long as we sign our real names or are Identifiable to our group of peers. This whole anonymous thing came up at the very beginning of jwsound and that is what was the seed that started the "Who I am Today" thread in response to being anonymous here, on the net, and life in general. That fight was lost without a shot being fired long ago. Ironic that you said this in response to mirror who hides his real identity, but true non the less.

As for Jonas, hard to ascertain what he is up to. He seems confused for sure.

CrewC