I just got kicked out for using the wrong mics. What did I do wrong?

Jarred Jones

I dont see anything fishy here, maybe the handle "Jonas Jones" was already taken on reduser. Probably likely. Anyhow regardless, "Jonas" is cross posting, cut and pasting whatever, to get a (quick) cross section of opinions, likely going to be used to show his "boss" to support the his choice. Sounds normal to me. But who knows Maybe the "outdoor shot" was quite wide...

Next time on as the world turns...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I changed my moniker to my real name on sites where I post regularly. I think it's a decent thing to do and keeps trolling down. "

I for one am glad you did Doug. I'm all for fun/ironic/crazy handles as long as we sign our real names or are Identifiable to our group of peers. This whole anonymous thing came up at the very beginning of jwsound and that is what was the seed that started the "Who I am Today" thread in response to being anonymous here, on the net, and life in general. That fight was lost without a shot being fired long ago. Ironic that you said this in response to mirror who hides his real identity, but true non the less.

As for Jonas, hard to ascertain what he is up to. He seems confused for sure.

CrewC

http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/4027534/Beating+a+dead+horse/

" However, upon arriving at the client's studio (A beverage company I will not name), the producer and director asked us what mics we were using. We hadn't started recording yet...  We already told their office earlier we were bringing MKH 416's since it's an exterior shoot and confirmed this with their secretary. However, when we repeated this to them at the set, THEY FLIPPED OUT. "

sorry, I'm late...

so far, I have just read this and frankly already do not believe the story!

" Also, I don't know why you're checking in with their secretary about what mics you're bringing. "

someone else is suspicious,  and others "smell a rat"

"Personally none of the OP smells real to me. "

something is fishy... I read about working for a professional studio (employee? apprentice, you say...but with three years mixing experience ?), then a client's studio... and a major soft drink company... and is there an agency, too ??"  and then there is a boss, and a client's secretary, and a producer and a director ..?

" A bit more info, I'm an apprentice at this company and It's my 2nd week. " HUH? this is making less and less sense, and it made no sense in the beginning...

BTW: " In my situation I was told they were unhappy with some of the audio so I asked them to send me... "

that was futile.  as someone said: if the right person wants you gone...that's all she wrote!

Bullshit, the only "lying butthole" here is you. Al Gore never claimed to have created the Internet, although he was influential in its initial development.

I'll let Al Gore speak for himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnFJ8cHAlco

I don't know why you always get butt hurt and try to derail threads.  Let's try to stick to the topic please.

And scene.

However, back to the topic at hand. I echo everyone's thoughts re: "That person is crazy, a 416 is totally professional and acceptable."

HOWEVER, I will say that I'm not a fan of the 416 when compared to the 60. While the 416 can be better in a noisy situation, IMHO the 60 sounds much nicer when both are on axis.

When I'm in a sticky situation with noise, good ol' Sanken CS3e is what I reach for.

And FWIW, IMHO the Rode NTG-3 sounds extremely similar to the 416, but is much more forgiving when slightly off axis.

And scene.

However, back to the topic at hand. I echo everyone's thoughts re: "That person is crazy, a 416 is totally professional and acceptable."

HOWEVER, I will say that I'm not a fan of the 416 when compared to the 60. While the 416 can be better in a noisy situation, IMHO the 60 sounds much nicer when both are on axis.

When I'm in a sticky situation with nose, good ol' Sanken CS3e is what I reach for.

And FWIW, IMHO the Rode NTG-3 sounds extremely similar to the 416, but is much more forgiving when slightly off axis.

LOVE the 416... always have... in the correct situations it is nice and punchy... I will always carry one in my kit.. Very dependable mic. and one of the better values.. That Rode isn't forgiving, it's letting the crap in where it's not supposed to...LOL..

I'll let Al Gore speak for himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnFJ8cHAlco

In that clip he says that he "took the initiative in creating the Internet". That's true. Saying that he claimed to have "invented" the Internet is a lie.

And please, try and stick to the topic at hand instead of spouting invective.

"Retarted" might, just might, be a word describing a woman of easy virtue that has cleaned up her act only to sink back into a life of iniquity.

You may have been thinking of "retarded".

Ha! You are right! And I think I know a few of those women.  Oh wait, am I about to offend someone by saying that and start another storm?

In that clip he says that he "took the initiative in crating the Internet". That's true. Saying that he claimed to have "invented" the Internet is a lie.

And please, try and stick to the topic at hand instead of spouting invective.

So you're saying that Al Gore, in this clip, is really saying that he "boxed up the internet in a wooden crate"?  Is that how he thinks the www gets to peoples houses?  Interesting spin.

Look, you heard the words right out of his mouth.  Quote - "I took the initiative in creating the internet.."  Not, "I took the initiative to HELP create the internet".  

....aanddddd scene

OK, I'm done  

Humbly,

Mirror

Look, you heard the words right out of his mouth.  Quote - "I took the initiative in creating the internet.."

He did.

He introduced the High Performance Computing Act of 1991 (aka The Gore Bill) which was the main thing that started the transformation of the ArpaNET into the Internet that we know today.

Bob Kahn, one of the inventors of TCP/IP, said that, "No one in public life has been more intellectually engaged in helping to create the climate for a thriving Internet than the Vice President"

Netscape founder Marc Andreessen, talking about the Gore Bill, said, "If it had been left to private industry, it wouldn't have happened, at least, not until years later."

You don't like him? Tough, but don't lie about him.

He did.

He introduced the High Performance Computing Act of 1991 (aka The Gore Bill) which was the main thing that started the transformation of the ArpaNET into the Internet that we know today.

Bob Kahn, one of the inventors of TCP/IP, said that, "No one in public life has been more intellectually engaged in helping to create the climate for a thriving Internet than the Vice President"

Netscape founder Marc Andreessen, talking about the Gore Bill, said, "If it had been left to private industry, it wouldn't have happened, at least, not until years later."

You don't like him? Tough, but don't lie about him.

Funny how you left off the last part of my quote.

Once again (and I'll even highlight the important part in red for you);

"Look, you heard the words right out of his mouth.  Quote - "I took the initiative in creating the internet.."  Not, "I took the initiative to HELP create the internet".  "

He didn't say "I took the initiative in the creation of the internet" either.  He said, "I took the initiative in CREATING the internet".  That is a HUGE difference.  He took all glory and credit upon himself when he chose those words.

Dance all you want but those are his words.  Words mean something.

Thank you very much

" it was over 40 YEARS OLD. She managed to find a better version of it called the MKH 60 within 5 minutes. "

who sez the MKH 60 is a "better version" ?

and, BTW, the MKH 60 is also an old timer, too... been around since the early 90's...

the newest model is the 8060, which is only a couple years old, and comes in digital...

guess the secretary is a goner, too...

Tomorrow I'm going to use my Sennheiser MD 21 (1983) as a boommike..Then I'm going to change that to a 816(1982) when we go outside ..see what the producer is going to say about THAT! When was the Schoeps MK 41 and Neumann KMR 81 first brought into market....?Any producer telling me WHAT mike to use,just got rid of me as the setsoundperson of that day.Producer,take a look at my tail lights!

This discussion is a NON discussion!!

Vasileios already said it :Schizophrenia uber alles!