Maxx 2.0

stefanosound

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they'll announce it now but it won't be out for another two years.

A bit unfair as I am totally unaware of Zaxcom making any such announcement.  To the best of my knowledge, this is based totally on the fanciful imagination of people whose time would be better spent learning their craft rather than criticizing a company for the slow delivery of a product that doesn't even exist. 

In point of fact, Maxx 2.0 is probably somewhere on the horizon as a firmware update for Maxx, not a new product.

A bit unfair as I am totally unaware of Zaxcom making any such announcement.  To the best of my knowledge, this is based totally on the fanciful imagination of people whose time would be better spent learning their craft rather than criticizing a company for the slow delivery of a product that doesn't even exist. 

In point of fact, Maxx 2.0 is probably somewhere on the horizon as a firmware update for Maxx, not a new product.

In all fairness "Maxx 2.0" was mentioned about a month ago shortly after the 633 announcement.

In all fairness "Maxx 2.0" was mentioned about a month ago shortly after the 633 announcement.

My comments were directed solely at the people who seem to expect an entirely new Maxx to emerge from the ether, complete with the exact hardware configuration that, in their singular wisdom, everyone should want.  

The first mention I saw was by Jack Norflus I think in this topic:

Where Newzik wrote:

"2 weeks ago I was really thinking on getting  a Zaxcom Maxx, Im using 302, Im glad I waited a bit , but now the choice is hard so 633 or Maxx ?"

Jack replied:

"This was posted in one of the 633 threads today - I didn't wan't to hijack that thread so I brought it over here.

Newzik - I heard that there are going to be some really kick ass software updates coming for Maxx, so since you waited this long you might want to hang in there"

Jack doesn't hide that he has close ties with Zaxcom (to be clear: that's a good thing). So I guess (and only guess) that at least Zaxcom didn't try to prohibit his comment. But I haven't seen any official announcement from Zaxcom on Maxx 2.0. Perhaps I missed it. Has anyone else?

And though Zaxcom has caught grief in the past for announcing stuff before it's been available for purchase, we have at least peeked at the cat in the bag. So any idea when Zaxcom will officially comment on Maxx 2.0? And when it will be released?

Glenn?

A bit unfair as I am totally unaware of Zaxcom making any such announcement. To the best of my knowledge, this is based totally on the fanciful imagination of people whose time would be better spent learning their craft rather than criticizing a company for the slow delivery of a product that doesn't even exist.

You take me way too seriously.

Howy has just posted firmware 2.0 on the Zaxcom forum

2.00 Dec 23 (Beta)
Created proper Headphone page for the 2 channel MAXX
Added Auto-Mixer feature
Added Auto-Pan feature (press PWR key to pan based on AutoTirm LED's state)
Returns (A5,A6) can now be recorded and mixed
Added support for virtual faders on return inputs
Added 2 more record tracks to the MAXX-6
Added card meter trim diamonds for ISO tracks
Added AES Output Attenuation feature in MODE menu (for NeverClip attenuation on Direct outs only)
Fixed phase inverted TAPE OUT since its wired wrong on TA5
Fixed "Set Date" not going to December
Fixed missing support for Scene/Take style file names in Sound Report File