Maxx 2.0

stefanosound

No Zack!

The Nomad is soooooo six months ago.

Looks like you're right Justin, I see two nomad user ideas in the 2.0 Maxx update notes. I would be a lot less bothered by this if we nomad users could get some kind of official statement that the nomad will get them as well very soon.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you're right Justin, I see two nomad user ideas in the 2.0 Maxx update notes. I would be a lot less bothered by this if we nomad users could get some kind of official statement that the nomad will get them as well very soon.

It is easier for Howy to write the code and implement it into Maxx's platform and debug there than to write it for Nomad. After writing it for Maxx and debugging it there makes the transition into Nomad is fairly easy - it is just that Howy hadn't optimized it for Nomad yet.

So yes Zack as previously posted Maxx 2.0 features, as well as several future ones, will be implemented in Nomad. I am not sure the exact time frame due to the holidays - but it will be soon.

Let me reiterate, which jack explained as for why already. I'd be less bothered if the nomad ideas came out on the nomad first, not a different device, but whatever Merry Christmas all :)

I'm sure the Deva/Fusion owners, who paid almost twice as much for there machines would love things like Neverclip or auto mix.

Looking forward to testing the new features. I'll be using the extra track inputs immediately. Also, I'm looking forward to the new auto-pan mode. I wonder, will it work somehow along with the V-faders for the new A5 and A6 inputs?

Jack, I was using your Peter Engh p21 to make the Maxx a "5 input" mixer which was working out okay but this will be a much better solution.

You've been testing this software for awhile I gather, do you have any tips or known issue to share? Stable so far?

Thanks to the Zaxcom team for a very useful update.

Looking forward to testing the new features. I'll be using the extra track inputs immediately. Also, I'm looking forward to the new auto-pan mode. I wonder, will it work somehow along with the V-faders for the new A5 and A6 inputs?

yes it will.

When you have the virtual faders on and the auto trim meter for input 5 is visible you will be able to autopan that input. The same is true for input 6. Auto pan is a pretty cool feature and I think it will help with some peoples concerns about the lack of individual pan knobs. Derek I would be curious to hear your thoughts on autopan

I'm sure the Deva/Fusion owners, who paid almost twice as much for there machines would love things like Neverclip or auto mix

I remember when the Nomad came out, Fusion/Deva owners had exactly the same feelings, and we were told that since there where "sharing" the same programming platform, a feature for one machine could be possibly ported to the other...you know the rest of the story

I don't expect Neverclip, because it's hardware based and won't get automix either

But still would like to see some of these features :

Controllable output levels

Assign card/disk tracks to outputs

Limiter activity shown in meters

Option to name files with Scene/Take info

Option to have Mirror sticky

Give a function to the wireless button (on the Fusion)

Fix zaxnet gain bug

I remember when the Nomad came out, Fusion/Deva owners had exactly the same feelings, and we were told that since there where "sharing" the same programming platform, a feature for one machine could be possibly ported to the other...you know the rest of the story

I don't expect Neverclip, because it's hardware based and won't get automix either

But still would like to see some of these features :

Controllable output levels

Assign card/disk tracks to outputs

Limiter activity shown in meters

Option to name files with Scene/Take info

Option to have Mirror sticky

Give a function to the wireless button (on the Fusion)

Fix zaxnet gain bug

All reasonable things to ask for. But as for Neverclip, I know it's hardware based. But wouldn't it be great if Zaxcom said, Hey all you Deva/Fusion owners we still love you. Send it your units and we will upgrade them with Neverclip at no extra cost.

Send it your units and we will upgrade them with Neverclip at no extra cost.

I dont remember anyone asking that Nagra might upgrade my Nagra 3 to a Nagra 4, or my Nagra 4 to a Nagrs 4S, or my Nagra 4S to a Nagra 4S TC, or even my Nagra 4S TC to a Nagra D. This is a ridiculous concept. If you had a SD744T would you have expected that SD upgrade it to a 788?

The simple fact is that the hardware is different. As I understand it Neverclip requires completely different A to Ds than those that are designed into Deva and Fusion.

Have very merry Christmas to one and all.

Kindest regards,

Simon B

I dont remember anyone asking that Nagra might upgrade my Nagra 3 to a Nagra 4, or my Nagra 4 to a Nagrs 4S, or my Nagra 4S to a Nagra 4S TC, or even my Nagra 4S TC to a Nagra D. This is a ridiculous concept. If you had a SD744T would you have expected that SD upgrade it to a 788?

The simple fact is that the hardware is different. As I understand it Neverclip requires completely different A to Ds than those that are designed into Deva and Fusion.

Kindest regards,

Simon B

+1

Kindest regards,

Simon B

Oh fine! For a small fee they could get them upgraded. Happy?

Unfortunately it is physically impossible. It would have to be a complete redesign of the entire unit.

I was actually aware of that. I had checked into it when I had a Fusion. I was being a smartass.

But you won't have to worry about that on here anymore with me. Have a Merry Christmas all.