Weird re-directing

Johnny Karlsson

Hi Jeff,

This is still happening when I access the site via a Google search - I encountered it the other day. Not an issue anymore for me as I've bookmarked the forum, but anyone trying to access the site via a search - perhaps for the first time, will be exposed to this. The redirect is relatively benign at the moment, but it could be used to do something nasty and it indicates the website has been compromised.

The link Patrick provides above does have a method for fixing the problem which appears to be a Javascript code injection prior to the security patches being applied.

This comment in the comments section is also pertinent:

"For us this patch wasn’t enough. The table ibf_skin_cache also contained the JS code so patching the file wasn’t enough as it was reintroduced from there.

Please search that table and remove offending code there also."

Cheers.

• 3 months later...

Ok, here's a new one:

While on the computer, the site works fine, but on my phone (iPhone 5, running iOS7), pretty much all day, I've been getting this:

"Fatal error: Call to a member function primarynav() on a non-object in /home/jwsoundu/public_html/jwsoundgroup.net/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3846) : eval()'d code on line 40"

Ok, here's a new one:

While on the computer, the site works fine, but on my phone (iPhone 5, running iOS7), pretty much all day, I've been getting this:

"Fatal error: Call to a member function primarynav() on a non-object in /home/jwsoundu/public_html/jwsoundgroup.net/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3846) : eval()'d code on line 40"

Same thing all day on my android device.

This is what I get:

I get that too on a browser, but Tapatalk is working fine, so it's not like the site was deleted.... Also we are posting here about it.

As for the other weird redirect thing, I've also gotten that if I use a google search for a topic and jwsoundgroup. It always looks like a legit direct link but maybe it's some SEO hijacking trickery.

The site is certainly intact --- no problems with full browser on Mac or Windows, the problem seems to be with mobile devices. I guess it is a good thing that Tapatalk is working, for you, but I suspect the problem is with Tapatalk wanting to take over mobile access to the site (this has happened before). I am going to look into the Tapatalk account to see if something has happened there.

Problem solved! Very weird indeed, hate these sorts of problems that have widespread impact --- all mobile devices were affected and there was something that got seriously corrupted somewhere to cause this. I did quite a few things to try and find the problem and fix it but it seems as if the recaching of our default skin (theme) and the mobile skin did the trick.

Thank you all for the heads up (and your patience while I sweated it out last night!).