633 playback of previous take

Harris K

Hey all,

Just finished my first week on the job with the 633, and I'm fairly happy. That said, had a small issue.

Went to playback an earlier take, and when hitting the transport knob to the left, the machine just blanked out on file info. That is, no file was selected, and I was then unable to access the most recent take for playback. Double checked the manual, was operating coreectly. Thinking this may be a firmware issue, curious if anyone else is experiencing it.

Are you trying to move among the takes while the 633 is in playback-pause mode?  If the filename is highlighted Green, the FF/Rew positions of the joystick will just move in the current file.

I just did a quick test on my 633 and had no problem skipping back and forth among a bunch of just recorded takes.

Once I stopped recording on the fourth take, pressing the joystick to the left moved me back to take 3, pressing again to take 2, pressing right to get back to take 3, etc.