Interface for 633?

pampasound

Sounds like the OP should have bought one of these.  http://www.sounddevices.com/products/664/

I wish people would stop buying the cheapest thing available with expectations it will do the same things as the more expensive counterparts.

Buy what you need.  If you can't afford it, save longer.

I know that the 633 was made mainly for bag users (and that's how i plan on using it), however, i believe that with a proper interface it will work perfectly fine on a cart based rig.

First, I haven't bought anything yet, as i am still saving up money for a machine that will serve my needs. I am just researching what's out there and decided to ask the more knowledgeable people here what was their opinion on a possible interface for this machine. I did also called Sound Devices and they kindly explained to me that it could be done through firmware update. However, this doesn't mean it will get done. 

As you can see on my original post, i understand the main use for this machine (bag use), but I would love to be able to use this same machine for the occasional cart based gig. Of course, as i get more into the game (hopefully!), i will love to have a dedicated mixer/recorder that will be set permanently on a cart. But for now, i don't have the means to get 4 788T for backup of backup of backup of backup. I think the 633 it is a great machine and very capable with lots features for its price. I am indeed very lucky to be able to get one, as we all know 15 years ago these machines were not as affordable. 

Thanks for your help, and please don't take it too personal...we are just thinking out loud here. 

Panfield: " XX does not further erode the value of their flagship YYY by doing this. "

and the auto makers should stop introducing new cars every year or so...

and no more new computers....

" pampers: " as we all know 15 years ago these machines were not as affordable. "

as most of us know, 15 years ago these machines were not available, as these capabilities were not yet available....