Help needed in locating Mod-U-Lox plates.

Malcolm Davies Amps CAS

A while ago I asked if anyone knew where I could buy the Mod-U-Lox mounting plates as used on Petrol pouches. Someone said that Professional Sound had them but it turned out that they had never had them, same for Trew Audio and Gotham.

The UK distributor of these plates doesn't keep them in stock them & would have to order them but their minimum order is 500 of each plate at a cost of nearly 1000 dollars.

Someone in our sound community must know of someone who stocks them and can supply me a small quantity.

Malcolm Davies. A.m.p.s

Malcolm, I have been buying the Modulox fasteners from this company, only a few dollars each, http://www.ahh.biz/hardware/miscellaneous/mod_u_lox_black_plastic.php  To attach them to my Kortwich bag I found if I predrilled small holes on the plastic backing, then when I used my sewing awl it was much easier to stitch.  My needle just would not go through the plastic.  If you know someone with a commercial  sewing machine that can sew leather or canvas I would imagine that would be better.

David

If it's those slide and snap on plates you mean, KT Systems may have them.

http://www.ktsystems.co.uk/

You have to believe this but Ian Fraser who owns KT is also actively looking for a supplier but it looks as though David has come up with the answer so many thanks to him.

Malcolm Davies A.m.p.s.

Bernie I don't see why pop rivets wouldn't work, enough small ones spread around the perimeter should do the trick.  Glad to help out Malcolm.  With the dollar to pound ratio these days, the cost shouldn't be too bad.  If my memory serves, these mounts are actually made by an Italian company, so Ian might be able to source them directly from the factory.

David

Nashvegas

Bernie I don't see why pop rivets wouldn't work, enough small ones spread around the perimeter should do the trick.  Glad to help out Malcolm.  With the dollar to pound ratio these days, the cost shouldn't be too bad.  If my memory serves, these mounts are actually made by an Italian company, so Ian might be able to source them directly from the factory.

David

Nashvegas

Thanks David I've ordered ten sets which with the shipping and handling work out at just under six dollars or four Uk pounds.

Malcolm Davies A.m.p.s.

when I used my sewing awl it was much easier to stitch.

David

I'd never heard of a sewing awl before. I just used a fat needle and pliers to shove it through thick layers of fabric. I bought one and it got delivered today. It's a great addition to my tool kit, for all those DIY repairs and mods.

Thanks David.

• 8 years later...