usb key for nomad?

dominiquegreffard

I stopped mirroring anything to USB other than Mp3 files (if that would even work correctly).  Before, I was using a 16gb SanDisk, but you'll find that mirroring .wav to USB is very slow and will freeze your system randomly.  It's been stated a few times from Zax, that the USB is not ideally recommended for .wav mirroring.  Good luck.

I've got a mini usb stick that sticks out only 1/4" or so. I have run it plenty with no issues. I prefer cf because i have a lot of them, but usb works fine for me.

Mirroring won't turn on automatically because the usb takes too long to mount, and i have to restart after formatting, but those are minor bugs imo.

I stopped mirroring anything to USB other than Mp3 files (if that would even work correctly).  Before, I was using a 16gb SanDisk, but you'll find that mirroring .wav to USB is very slow and will freeze your system randomly.  It's been stated a few times from Zax, that the USB is not ideally recommended for .wav mirroring.  Good luck.

Weird, the few times I tried to mirror to USB I had no issues and it seemed quite a bit faster than mirroring to CF.

These have a low enough profile that one can live in the slot during even active run-n-gun gigs without danger of damage:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005FYNSZA/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?qid=1389047793&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

That's the one i use. It's been great. Except when the data Wrangler looses it in his pocket :) i use the lanyard now.

• 6 years later...

Well, this is slightly old, but i have a Nomad12T and is supposedly usb ready, but nothing shows up/no option to mirror to usb at all. The guy i bought it from said it never worked, but he used Touch with no issue... FYI, in advanced setup, USB is enabled with update Dec 21 2012.

Thanks all.

*EDIT - Howy replied and i have changed down to 7.81B. USB mirror is now an option, though the usb sticks i have are 'unrecognised disk format'. will try a few more bits.