LAST CALL TO RSVP FOR RAMPS/JWSOUND NAB PARTY

Jim Feeley

The party-planning committee has been hard at work organizing the annual RAMPS/JWSound party held during the NAB conference in Las Vegas. Well, most of us just made some posts to JWS. But Kathy Baca of Lectrosonics has been hard at work. Thanks Kathy!

The annual RAMPS/JWSound Mixer Mixer will again take place on the Tuesday night of NAB.

This year, that's April 8, 2014.

We will gather at the Satay Thai Bistro, same place we've used the last few years: http://sataylasvegas.com

Probable Start: 6:30pm

Probably Stop: 9:30pm

The Satay Grille will provide us with a buffet of Thai, Indonesian, and Malay dishes (probably including some vegetarian dishes). Expected cost is $30 per person (including tax and gratuity); a bit more than last year but still a great deal. There will be a cash bar. We'll soon have more details on the menu, cost, and time.

Kathy has arranged for us to use Satay's indoor space (rather than the patio) this year. This creates a bit more financial risk for the people at Satay. So we really need to know how many people plan to attend.

Key thing for now: Please RSVP so we know how many people to expect. 

To RSVP, fill out this short online form:

http://bit.ly/1kmxbdC

The form requires you to provide a secret word that helps us filter out spambots. This year, that secret word is:

Lav 

That's it for now, I think. There's a JWS discussion about the party here:

Thanks and hope to see you all in Vegas in three short months!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The party is getting closer. And we'd LOVE to have a better handle on who plans to come. Right now, we have a couple dozen RSVPs. We usually get 50-100 more people. So I think some people who will be there have yet to RSVP. 

If you plan on attending the RAMPS/JWSoundgroup party

at NAB on April 8, please RSVP now.  

More info and a link to the RSVP form can be found in the first post in this thread. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

To the Group:

Here is the menu as a pdf below. Suggestions are welcome. The price is $30 including everything except the cash bar. This year we have the entire facility (!) so food, drinks and elbow room should be more available. Lectro can do the usual things like name tags, sound, etc., as in the past but this is not our party. Any others are more than welcome to join in.  Satay will collect the admission at the door.

Please RSVP on Jim's post above. This makes planning much easier. Part of the reason for last year's crowding and slow food is that so many "extras" came in the door that Satay couldn't plan properly. For instance, they even ran out of armbands at the door. I also might point out that Kathy Baca and Jim Feeley will hunt you down like dogs if you don't RSVP. Even if you aren't sure, there is a entry box so you can put down the probability that you'll make it such as you are 57.3% sure. This will keep any red dots from appearing on your forehead.

We can adjust the menu for one more veggie entrée or not depending on you-alls' desires. For instance, I've found in the past that the veggie entrées are as tasty as the meat entrées.

We still need an MC.

Best Regards,
Larry Fisher

April 8th Lectrosonics Proposal Satay 2014.pdf

Hi Eric,

I haven't heard but he's fine with me. Anybody that isn't tarred and feathered after the get together has my vote of approval.

LEF

Posts crossed as we were typing, but Jeff says Dave will do it again. Everything is coming together nicely.

LEF

Hey.

I'm in London right now. My hotel is right across the street from Wembly Stadium. I got to go in there today. I'm thinking with the crowd we had last year we might want to move the party to Wembley. It might be big enough. 

But seriously, I'd love to do the RAMPS party again if you guys want. I'm in the MC union with Sam Rubin and Doug Mcintyre. I'm normally double scale, which is a foot long tuna sub from subway, but I can do regular scale, which is a 6 inch sub, but since I hate tuna subs I'll do it gratis. 

Hey.

I'm in London right now. My hotel is right across the street from Wembly Stadium. I got to go in there today. I'm thinking with the crowd we had last year we might want to move the party to Wembley. It might be big enough. 

But seriously, I'd love to do the RAMPS party again if you guys want. I'm in the MC union with Sam Rubin and Doug Mcintyre. I'm normally double scale, which is a foot long tuna sub from subway, but I can do regular scale, which is a 6 inch sub, but since I hate tuna subs I'll do it gratis. 

Hi Dave,
RAMPS/JWS is a labor of love and there are some really important people involved with this project. If you can do it gratis or even donate to the cause, we can get you some good contacts in the MC'ing world. The next time we do this with a real budget, we will be able to pay you not just one but two full size tuna subs. Plus we will be filming this with an actual Bell and Howell 8mm camera because nothing looks as good as real film. 
Best,
Larry F

Hi Dave,
RAMPS/JWS is a labor of love and there are some really important people involved with this project. If you can do it gratis or even donate to the cause….

Stop it Larry. You're scaring me.

BTW- We currently have RSVPs from over 50 people who fully expect to be at the NAB party/dinner. A dozen more say there's a 50% chance they'll make it.

Still room for more. Check the first post in this thread for details on how to RSVP.

Jim

PS- thanks to Kathy for arranging what looks like a great menu.

• 4 weeks later...

We have 108 (!!) RSVP's to date. Last year we had about 80 RSVP's and 130 showed up. So you gals and guys are either getting better about RSVP'ing (cough,cough) or we are are going to have a big turnout.

In any case, please RSVP so Satay can plan for enough food. Remember, your RSVP helps feed your friends, who aren't nearly as friendly when their blood sugar is low.

Best,
Larry F

Hi Dave,
RAMPS/JWS is a labor of love and there are some really important people involved with this project. If you can do it gratis or even donate to the cause, we can get you some good contacts in the MC'ing world. The next time we do this with a real budget, we will be able to pay you not just one but two full size tuna subs. Plus we will be filming this with an actual Bell and Howell 8mm camera because nothing looks as good as real film. 
Best,
Larry F

I think we might be able to afford a Tuna Sub this year. April is Tuna Sub month at Subway. They have a special on Tuna all month.

We have 108 (!!) RSVP's to date. Last year we had about 80 RSVP's and 130 showed up. So you gals and guys are either getting better about RSVP'ing (cough,cough) or we are are going to have a big turnout.

In any case, please RSVP so Satay can plan for enough food. Remember, your RSVP helps feed your friends, who aren't nearly as friendly when their blood sugar is low.

I just changed the topic subject to reflect Larry's note. Let's say everyone should RSVP (or update their likelyhood-of-attending status) by end of Friday April 4.

Sound good? Of course it sounds good; we're all pros.

• 2 weeks later...

for next year, RSVP's should remain open until noon on Monday, April 14, when we can turn in the numbers to Satay; further, a list of reservations will be brought to Satay Tuesday afternoon, and the admission for those with reservations will be $30, but those who do not have a reservation will pay $35 at the door.

• 6 months later...