Audio LTD 2040 IR problems

MrBirch89

Hello everyone.

Sorry if this is a repeat of pervious posts, although i can't seem to find any. I bought some Audio LTD 2040's and the signal is intermittent between the TX and the RX. Its like it gains signal then looses it straight away. I have the Switch-IR key fob that is supposed to be able to change frequencies with, but it doesn't seem to read the TX or RX. Has anyone had any problems like this before.

Thanks, Mathew

Im trying with both powered on, i have put it right up to the window on both but still the same error message. The actual IR switcher is beaten up, maybe that is the problem. I will change the battery out and try that. No i havnt tried it with another set as i only have one set unfortunately. Has anyone had the error message before? Thanks for your help.

The sweet spot for the IR is about 10mm away from the window, pointing directly down on it. Without a doubt the worse thing about 2040's is the IR fob, (or "error fob"). I've had mine 3 years so although I am getting quite good at fobbing now, its still 50/50. Apparently sunny conditions don't help the IR signal but I wouldn't be able to comment on that since I'm in Scotland. 

The sweet spot for the IR is about 10mm away from the window, pointing directly down on it. Without a doubt the worse thing about 2040's is the IR fob, (or "error fob"). I've had mine 3 years so although I am getting quite good at fobbing now, its still 50/50. Apparently sunny conditions don't help the IR signal but I wouldn't be able to comment on that since I'm in Scotland. 

Incandescent lights reduce the sensitivity of IR detectors badly, since most of an incandescent's output is infra red.

Larry F

Lectro