MKH-50

jwill

post-4437-0-04972700-1389577711_thumb.jp

Just off a 3 day cooking gig, had the MKH 50 in a boom cradle over a marked spot where talking points/recipes were being delivered. $ times the producer decided to use a portable cooktop at same location (wanting to hold down OT) and copious amounts of steam filtered up thru the MKH 50! I heard no change in audio thereafter, will there be any later issues I should worry about?

JHW

Do you think much of the steam dissipated before it got high enough to have a serious accumulation on the mic? Was it wet to the touch? The foam windscreen probably sufficiently protected the element. If you have a Rycote Furry for the mic (I use mine often on the 50), that would be an extra level of protection to use. If you had a Zepp or a Rycote ball that would be your best bet. 50s are pretty tough, and there is no way I would put a Schoeps in that position.

Grant: " they can handle moisture on the capsule. "

OTOH, deposits are deposits!

Whats with the constant desire to add nothing to the conversation?

Seriously, did you not get enough attention from your parents as a kid as that's what your behaviour suggests. It's classic look at me, attention grabbing, I need to be loved, self centered actions.

You can be so wise yet so dumb at times..

Grant.

Whats with the constant desire to add nothing to the conversation? You can be so wise yet so dumb at times.. Grant.
I'm not so sure about this. I'm assuming he's talking about a deposit of [water/moisture/dirt/whatever] forming on the capsule which is a valid concern which could be discussed. The interesting Sennheiser doc seems to imply (or boldly state) that moisture is no problem, but they don't mention dirt or even a lot of moisture. Or do they? I didn't have time to read it all yet. Anyway, I could be way off. Senator?