Frame rates on 744T

I have a Tvc shoot this Sunday where the frame rate will be 33.33FPS. What is this?  I usually record at 25 or 24 and I'm a bit stumped as to what to set my 744T to? I have never come across this framerate before and the 744 obviously has no setting for it. .. Would 25 on the 744 do and they will fix it post? Or better to change the FPS to something else?

Thank you

Sebastian, you're in luck! I have a custom-made converter box especially for instances like this! I can make you one with the proper timecode settings for the low price of $265.99. I will need payment prior to making said converter box. Cash only, please.

Production Sound Mixing for Television, Film, and Commercials.

www.matthewfreed.com

33.33 fps is used for slow motion effects. Usually recorded at 33.33 fps and played back at 25 fps. (both integer dividers* of 100)

There is no matching frame rate on our side. Sound is recorded to have the option to use the material in real time. (Or the other way round.)

Better be careful to think they are fools.

*Is "integer dividers" the right expression?

At first glance it appears to be a totally insane producer (or DP). You might want to double check on that.

That's my opinion as well. 29.97 ND I can believe, 23.98 I can believe. Not much else.

33.33 fps is used for slow motion effects. Usually recorded at 33.33 fps and played back at 25 fps. (both integer dividers* of 100)

I have never in my life been on a shoot or had footage in post that was shot in 33fps. 36fps, yes. Usually, it's multiples of 6: 24fps, 30fps, 36fps, 48fps, 60fps, 72fps, etc. And I haven't ever seen sync sound shot on any of these; wild tracks and background tracks, yes.

I have been on projects that had speed ramps that varied from 24fps to another, much higher speed (which probably moved through 33fps at some point), but only as a momentary effect, not a constant speed.

33.33 fps is used for slow motion effects. Usually recorded at 33.33 fps and played back at 25 fps. (both integer dividers* of 100)

There is no matching frame rate on our side. Sound is recorded to have the option to use the material in real time. (Or the other way round.)

Better be careful to think they are fools.

*Is "integer dividers" the right expression?

Ok, I've just had an official reply from their production and it turns out they really ARE shooting at 33.33fps slo mo. Also, someone else also told me that some music videos are shot this way. ( This is not a music video btw, it's people reading poetry ) Anyway, I will stay at 25 and they will sort everything post so I'm happy now.

Thanks  :D

I have never in my life been on a shoot or had footage in post that was shot in 33fps.

I think it's only used in PAL-World. At 33.33fps the camera records 100 frames in 3 seconds. When played back at 25fps it will take 4 seconds to reach 100 frames. I honestly don't know about the benefits in editing, but the numbers look nice. :-)

That's my opinion as well. 29.97 ND I can believe, 23.98 I can believe. Not much else.

I have never in my life been on a shoot or had footage in post that was shot in 33fps. 36fps, yes. Usually, it's multiples of 6: 24fps, 30fps, 36fps, 48fps, 60fps, 72fps, etc. And I haven't ever seen sync sound shot on any of these; wild tracks and background tracks, yes.

I have been on projects that had speed ramps that varied from 24fps to another, much higher speed (which probably moved through 33fps at some point), but only as a momentary effect, not a constant speed.

I have done sync sound at some of these frame rates, for effect.  The post was kind of a pig-fuck, but it ended up working.

philp