2.4 ghz Frequency Scanning App

Solid Goldberger

I am ok with the laptop, looking for an app solution for scanning all activity in 2.4ghz spectrum not just wifi network activity. I do believe though such a thing does not exist and hardware scanners suggested are the only option - unless i hear otherwise...

-Ken

Also, you could just get a cheap Android phone. Ethan I have an old one that is worth about $10. I'd gladly trade it for that nice glass of wine you treated me to.

SOLD! ;)

I also switched to even numbers on Zaxnet at your (and Jason's) urging. Since I never am the one actually listening to the ERX's, I have no idea if it did anything. Haven't gotten any complaints either way.

E.

• 4 weeks later...

wi-spy  works great on a PC  $ 350  or so

http://www.amazon.com/Wi-Spy-2-4x-USB-Spectrum-Analyzer/dp/B001E032KU/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

its a USB plug that acts as receiver data cruncher.

they have many different newer models out some up to $ 700

the model i like has an external antenna input so you can track down pirate transmitters.

wolf

WOW RF explorer is way cooler than i expected for the price. i highly recommend it for anyone wanting to scan 2.4ghz or anything below or above for that matter. several versions and combo versions available. used it today in a real world work scenario. only takes a little bit getting used to but it seems to show you everything around you. all of the laptop based scanning app's only seemed to show wifi signals. turning zaxnet transmitters off and on showed up instantly on rf explorer. how cool to see it actually show up. managing zaxnet around all the other 2.4 devices that keep showing up more and more will be so much easier now. thanks guys for the great recommendation!

-Ken