Lectro SMD transmitter on Boom

Herbert Verdino

Hey.

I am using Lectro SMDa transmitters and now I want to use them for an wireless boom.

Is there any different in sound compared to an HM plug on transmitter?

Are you folks doing this, or is this a not very professional solution?

Best! 

The input circuity, limiter, DSP, filters, etc., are identical in the HM and SM series. The audio sounds the same. If identical signals are presented to the two transmitters, the results will be identical.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

HV: " Is there any different in sound compared to an HM plug on transmitter? "

the SMD will sound flat, compared to the HM, which has a more full bodied sound.

i would have described it as bigger bodied.

but if you want a sensible answer, then listen to Larry Fisher.

advantage of using the SM transmitter is that you can use it as a bodypack when you dont need it for the boom.

disadvantage is the extra weight of however you choose to power the mic. i'd look at the ambient UMP II as was already recommended. (i have 2)

Thanks Larry for your contribution.

Senator Tourettes, I can deal with your constant need for attention with posts that say nothing but fill space, but please try to refrain from spreading misinformation.  I assume your Flat and Full bodied comment was based on some private hilarious joke regarding the shape of the different transmitters.

But really you are just seriously muddying the waters of the information on this board with posts like this. 

Cheers,

Brent Calkin

Thank you, Larry! What a great support! Makes me even more Lectro fan :-).

And thank you all for your thoughts on my question.

Maybe this flat sound Senator mentioned was produced by a cheap phantom power supply? Maybe the signal was influenced by running threw the circuit of the phantom power supply...

Anyway. I will spend my money now in some more SM transmitters and use them for my boom as well. ;-)

All the best.

Thank you, Larry! What a great support! Makes me even more Lectro fan :-).

And thank you all for your thoughts on my question.

Maybe this flat sound Senator mentioned was produced by a cheap phantom power supply? Maybe the signal was influenced by running threw the circuit of the phantom power supply...

Anyway. I will spend my money now in some more SM transmitters and use them for my boom as well. ;-)

All the best.

Senator Mike was trying to make a joke based on the shape of the transmitters, not on their sound.  You can ignore what he said in this thread and be happier for it.

Thanks Larry for your contribution.

Senator Tourettes, I can deal with your constant need for attention with posts that say nothing but fill space, but please try to refrain from spreading misinformation. I assume your Flat and Full bodied comment was based on some private hilarious joke regarding the shape of the different transmitters.

But really you are just seriously muddying the waters of the information on this board with posts like this.

Cheers,

Brent Calkin

+1