NP1 battery : alternative to IDX ?

jpbat

I'm presently on the market for a couple of NP1 batteries.

I have LIon batteries and a JL-2+ charger from IDX. Fine product, no argument.

But, do you know of comparable NP1 batteries, *that can be charged with the JL-2+ charger*, but less expensive ? 

Varizoom ? Switronix ? any other idea ?

(and, yes, you get what you pay for, right… question is : what is *your* experience on the matter)

Thanks.

That DSM packs a lot.

And to confirm, since I checked the link: yes , it can be used with the IDX charger according to their website, and it seems it's mainly available in Europe... Couldn't find a place in America where I could get one (quick check).

More pics here: http://www.pinknoise-systems.co.uk/DSM_NPLU84_Super_Liion_Battery--product--1571.html

Do you charge them with the IDX charger ?

I use their charger from B4B (i bought their combo 2 batts+charger). It is kind of bulky when travelling. B4B have a compact 1 battery charger, but i find it a bit pricey for what it is. I am still looking for a more compact and reasonable priced option. Again this is just for when travelling.  

Thanks to you all.

Food for thought.

The B4B… thanks Crussel for the link. Could be a solution, although not 100% sure.

The DSM is more expensive than IDX, and doesn't seem to be available in North America.

Don't know if the Hawkwood charge with JL-2. Audioroots is probably very good, but costly and I want to keep the NP-1 form factor.

I read somewhere the Varizoom can be charged with the JL-2 IDX, can someone confirm ?

(I read somewhere else that it's not possible)

A lot of our customers here in the UK use Swit NP1 batteries (S-8056N).

• Voltage: 14.4V
  • Capacity: 73Wh
  • Max output power: 50W
  • Max output current: 3.5A
  • Over current protection: 10A
  • Mount type: NP-1
  • Operation Temperature: 0 - 40 °C
  • Net weight: Approx 0.45kg
  • Dimensions: 185 × 72 × 25mm

Not heard of any issues with them, they seem like real good NP1s but everyone has their own preference. We sell them for £98+VAT each.