Mike's $400 bag mixer cart

Michael Miramontes

You'd have trouble contolling it. We tried it out on a small bag cart.

Malcolm Davies. AMPS CAS

+1.

This was the first route I took and thought I could turn on a dime whenever I wanted. The problem, as Malcom mentioned, was that it was a PITA trying to go straight. I had to push on the cart at an angle so that I can keep a straight path. That got old real fast! 

That's because the trolleys are supposed to take you places in the store you didn't plan on visiting, to increase the chances of impulse shopping. No joke unfortunately. The little turning from the trolleys will make you look in the trolley's general direction and something in that direction might catch your eyes.

In Ikea, at least in Sweden, the trolleys all go straight and are real easy to steer because there's a given route in the store.

And also those four small wheels are much cheaper... :P

This begs the question, why can't they make shopping trolleys go straight? They have all 4 wheels that rotate and go everywhere except where you want them to go.

They can send a man to the moon but can't make a shopping trolley go straight!!

Drives me nuts....

I went to a local largish supermarket last week and at one end of the car park was an area with over 300 faulty trolleys.

The wheel design must be crap!

Malcolm Davies AMPS CAS.

That's because the trolleys are supposed to take you places in the store you didn't plan on visiting, to increase the chances of impulse shopping. No joke unfortunately. The little turning from the trolleys will make you look in the trolley's general direction and something in that direction might catch your eyes.

In Ikea, at least in Sweden, the trolleys all go straight and are real easy to steer because there's a given route in the store.

And also those four small wheels are much cheaper... :P

I now understand ICA a LOT better....