Nomad AES/EBU snake

ramallo

First I cut the nylon mesh tube (2cm less than the individual cable length). When I have all the meshes in his place, I use a thermic glue between the meshes followed by heat shrink tube. This is more than enough for a long lasting cable.

The yellow tabs are the numbers (1,2,3,4 and 1,2,3)

Interesting, can you elaborate on thermic glue?

I've mostly given up on the nylon braiding stuff in my cables because it inevitably ends up fraying and looking like shit. Maybe the glue the missing link. I'm also not totally convinced that the braiding adds any durability to the underlying cable.

I would be tempted to use a right angle DB if possible.

Ps great looking cable, nice work!

Interesting, can you elaborate on thermic glue?

I've mostly given up on the nylon braiding stuff in my cables because it inevitably ends up fraying and looking like shit. Maybe the glue the missing link. I'm also not totally convinced that the braiding adds any durability to the underlying cable.

I would be tempted to use a right angle DB if possible.

Ps great looking cable, nice work!

Simply with a lighter you can burn the nylon ends (you can press a bit the melted nylon for get a better join between the nylon yarns), and no more fraying. 

In other hand I added too a heat shrink tube

3xn2.jpg
d215.jpg

What do you guys think the main advantage is to using the nylon braid? It does look cool and seems to help things from tangling a bit.

The nylon make the cable more harder (I used them in live sound for years (in snakes)), prevents cable knots and is easily replaceable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I tried with the angled housing, and I observed that is a bit problematic on Nomad due the TC out connector

afqv.jpg

Will flipping the orientation work for your setup? Fairly easy to take the RA shell apart and flip the D-sub so that the cable exits to the rear of the nomad

I made up an AES cable recently for my Nomad, found that a 45 degree connector worked best for my bag setup as it doesn't interfere with power or bnc connections but is more protective if the bag gets bumped from the side. I did get a very quiet high pitched buzz from the cable, it seemed like it was possible interference from the power socket. I grounded the TA5 shell's and this has minimised it / got rid of it. (the updated screw locking Rean TA5's work well)

post-5920-0-15374900-1400620829_thumb.jp

I made up an AES cable recently for my Nomad, found that a 45 degree connector worked best for my bag setup as it doesn't interfere with power or bnc connections but is more protective if the bag gets bumped from the side. I did get a very quiet high pitched buzz from the cable, it seemed like it was possible interference from the power socket. I grounded the TA5 shell's and this has minimised it / got rid of it. (the updated screw locking Rean TA5's work well)

attachicon.gifphoto 2.JPG

Nice db housing, where you bought it?