Bag Power Distribution Recommendations?

redsoundguy

Is anyone using Audioroot batteries or powering systems?

If so what are you running?

Hi, I'm using the AudioRoot BG-DU system with generically branded V-Lock batteries.

Sure, the AudioRoot system has an unfortunate name, but this particular product is for me anyway, one of the best, most sophisticated power distribution systems I've ever used or seen. It has some very well thought out functions and, so far, it works very well indeed!

I'd highly recommend this product.

Rgds

AT

I use the battery bud

I like the fact that the connectors come out the bottom of the unit - I find it saves a lot of room in the bag.

+1 on Battery Bud... I also like the fact that connectors come out of the bottom. A real space-saver - and cable saver - in the bag.

Hirose connectors aren't cheap, I imagine that's why some companies go with other connectors - but I find the space savings in bag real estate was worth it.

In addition... I've switched to a D-tap system... I have had NP-1 batteries slip out of the cup when laterally mounted in Petrol bags... Nothing a properly placed piece of masking tape or gaffer tape couldn't have fixed, but definitely find the D-Tap uber secure.

R

I haven't committed to any one system, I have been relying on my Zaxcom Mixplexer (1) which has BDS style or Switchcraft 761K type connectors... which I've decided, I detest, cheaper than Hirose-4, but seemingly not as reliable, perhaps in part because they are too bulky / don't handle strain well.  If you don't have a tight bag to begin with, maybe a non-issue.  For batteries, I use LiFePO4 cells I purchase from Batteryspace @ around 10Ah per pack.  Sorry Zaxcom, but the power switch on the Micplexer has failed, it only turn on once every 67 switch actuations (estimate - and seemingly getting worse).  Gaff taped switch has solve this issue for the short term.  That's a minor fix, though, and when I get time will either do it myself, or just send it in to the factory with my other Zax gear in need.  Its frustrating, though, when building out a splinter bag with a mix of Switchcraft (medium and long), Hirose-4, XLR, Trailtech, and LZR connectors and trying to find the right cable to connect it all - 4AM and I'm still dealing with this crap.  The Switronix Jetpack, which I'm looking at for camera power, adds an interesting cocktail of Molex, 2, 3, and 4 pin Lemo, as well as the good old D-tap and changeable V-mount / Gold mount battery plates.

Glen

Better off ignoring him. He's just looking for attention again, he has a very bad case of relevancy deficiency syndrome. He's beyond all expectations for help.

He's a bit like the lonely, tired old circus clown who only knows one trick... It was a mildly amusing trick early last century, and he never bothered to learn any new tricks as that one trick worked before, it really did! It actually got him some attention for a short while - but a very short while it was indeed.

Now we can only pity him and his pathetic, desperate clutches to be heard just once more... A sad, bitter and mostly irrelevant, tired old clown.

Damn, dude! How do you really feel?

Anyhow,

+1 for the RA BDS (v.2 here in multiple bags) w/ IDX NP-L7S (some I've had since May of '06 and still use)

The cups fit conveniently in the side pouches of the Petrol bags (if that's what you're using.)

~tt

I use a Audioroot distribution box with hirose connectors and voltage display with a NP1 battery. http://www.audioroot.fr/product/vmdbox-hrs/

My impression is that it's a solid light box with a good safety lock on the switch. Reasonably priced (in europe) too.

The more advanced models give you a lot of extra info on battery cycles etc.

But since I already had my NP1s for me personally it wasn't of much use.

Wow. Those are hawt!

R