Quick release boom pole mounts

Tilt Down

A lot of poles have their own quick release systems. My Loons came with some, and had I known before ordering the poles, I would have requested them without, since it means that the first collar of the pole releases the tip, which confuses my boom ops on the first try even if I tell them, lol. "Third Party" QRs are convenient because many of us have multiple poles from various companies. Ive been using the SGSv2 QRs since their release and have had zero problems with them. All my poles and shock mounts have them and they have been nothing but reliable. Gene puts a lot of special care into making sure that his products meet the highest standards, and knowing his level of standards places my faith in his OK easily!

it means that the first collar of the pole releases the tip, which confuses my boom ops on the first try even if I tell them, lol.

I am going to admit to doing this the other week using someone else's K-tek pole… ok doing it twice. My K-tek doesn't have a removable tip. Freaked the bejeazus out of me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...