Zaxcom product launch

Bob

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very very disappointed and a little angry that my 3-6 months old, around 10k€ gear, today is 'discontinued'.

Why? Did your transmitters stop working today?

When you bought them, did you do so on the merits of the system you knew about then, or did you hope and expect an upgrade in the future?

Just because Zaxcom won't make any new LANCs doesn't mean they won't service them.

They are just as good as they were yesterday. No reason to feel cheated

Why? Did your transmitters stop working today?

When you bought them, did you do so on the merits of the system you knew about then, or did you hope and expect an upgrade in the future?

Just because Zaxcom won't make any new LANCs doesn't mean they won't service them.

They are just as good as they were yesterday. No reason to feel cheated

Exactly. Not does my wireless work just as well as the day i bought it, it will actually work better.

The previous trxlt was 50mW with neverclip and the trxlth with 125mW output but no neverclip, now the trxlt2.5 or 2.6 is 125mW with neverclip and new modulation.

While I'm excited for the new products I am a bit disappointed that my dealer didn't advise me to hold off for a month or so for some "exciting new products" related to the purchase I made in which I was told that I had to forego one option (NC) to get the other (125mW),  and was told it was not possible to have both.

I think the point people are making about a trade-in or upgrade path is totally valid in circumstances like this, we're not talking iPhones here.

Not angry but disappointed until I hear more.

Up-grade paths, trade-in programs?? Really?? These companies and shops are in this business to make and sell products. You needed/wanted it at that time, and you bought it.

Maybe your shop didn't know this new line of gear was coming?  Sounds like Zaxcom was extremely tight lipped about it..along with SD when the 633 came out. I would also venture to guess that manufacturers ask for/expect non-disclosure of new products.

yep. i got the products i needed at the time. thats fair enough.

and everything else you mentioned is also true. 

updates and improvements are a constant of every worthwhile manufacturer.

and it may be foolish to think that for this product that the difference between my QRX's and the QRX 35 is just the rf board, and if thats the only difference then it may be possible to swap the boards over and i dont have to try to sell my old receivers to get the new ones, which thanks to the limited frequencies we can use without getting additional site specific licenses, in my market will have its own set of issues.

but until the official word from zaxcom is that it is not technically possible to upgrade then everyone who currently owns their radio mic systems will be looking for the best (cheapest) way to take advantage of this.

and personally, i am less interested in upgrading the hardware on the transmitters, but the improved performance in the receiver will be what makes my working life better.

I see the hardware upgrade to be similar to a repair. Not a giveaway to current users, nor an entitlement. I don't know if its technically possible, but i don't expect it from a company. I would happily pay to have components swapped if possible, ala srb upgrade.

Still, i am just as happy with my current products that already preform wonderfully.

Awesome! Can't wait to test out the new firmware/modulation. Over the summer I bought:

- (2) QRX-100 (dual mode)

- (2) TRX-900LANCs

- TRX-742

And I've been really happy with them. They've served me extremely well. If there's a hardware upgrade path then I'll probably take advantage of it--otherwise I'm excited to have gear that is more capable than the day I bought it. :)

Derek the Hudson RIver was Blue Shark fin.

Jack,

SO if the filter is 35mhz we can only run 3 wireless microphones in a 105mhz space and 6 in the full 518MHZ-680MHZ spectrum. Is this a correct assumption?

You can space Zaxcom wireless at .5 Mhz without any worry of intermodulation. So hundreds of channels are possible in the 105MHz transmitter range.